Sit down for a moment.


I have a chair. It is a huge deep soft chair with head pillow and adjustable angles and foot rest. It is my beautiful chair and I don't like any guest to sit in it because I am possessive about my chair. It is immense and deep and comfortable and envelops me it seems like a glove upon a comfort seeking hand. It is a castle high upon a hill and far from the directionless voices of a maddening crowd.
From within my chair I have read stories and business proposals, I have read scripts good and bad and private correspondence on matters of the heart. Sometimes I and my phone have been lost within its boundless folds.
It seems more than a chair to me, it seems like a place to be, a place for me and securely I have found a place I want to be.

From within its cocoon I have dreamed ideas that extracted themselves from a creative land beyond defined horizons and I have shared those thoughts with so many and perhaps in many forms for the truth of the universe is so simple in its approach and only becomes complicated under analytical eyes of old men with leather elbow patched tweed jackets and apple tobacco pipes that leave trails of smoke masking rushing comet tails. To see the nature of a quark is to change it.

I was once told a dream was smaller now and a world was colder and I thought about that and at the time it did seem true. But I'd almost forgotten that I should look again on another day. On that new day and with eyes that see deep the dream sang loudly to me and the world had gained dimensions beyond mortal ability to measure.
I knew then that it pulsed with contractions and expansions and the beating drum sounded glorious and enticed us all who heard it to march along with patriot angels.
I wish you could all look upon the faces of angels, because if they see you look at them, the smile they give you fills you with ecstacy and pride beyond measure.
I write and love to do so and some may see the depths of oceans within my words and some will only just see the sky reflected upon its surface. But even in that, if we consider that a simple person only takes a simple form and is satisfied then we know that happiness is achievable on many levels.

My Momma used to say people are like diamonds held up in the light. They always have one facet forward and a close look should reveal their heart. But always each has it's own value. That statement alone may seem simple and metaphorically it is, but think? Does that seemingly simple statement also have many levels? Can I turn that statement and see another facet?
I sit in the park and watch children play in complete innocence regarding the complexities of the world in which they live and grow and they do reflect the sky in unsophisticated simplicity. What need for depth have they? What understanding of depth have they gained?
When we grow and if we act like children we are told not to be so shallow in almost insultive tones.
But I'd like to say that children have a lot less stress and problems than adults and while what I say here seems to be too simple and naive on my part, there is, I assure you, a deeper meaning.
After play, you give that child security by letting them hold your hand and you take them home. As an adult who holds our hand? Is that why we made the Gods?

My words can be food for thoughts with you if you want to think about what I say.
If you speed read me and are trying to achieve zen then you water ski when I want you to scuba dive.

Please spare me a thought
Can I make it simpler?
Only if I tell you what and how to think.
But I already said simple thoughts please simple needs and satisfy simple desires.

A child may regard a cave and wonder if it contains treasure or monsters or a world of adventure.
When the child sleeps and dreams to smile I will relax into my chair and know that the miners will dig ore from that same cave. How many of you sometimes yearn for a simpler time?

There lies a taste of it but it is covered by many layers. Perhaps the miner may dig it out?

1 comments :: Sit down for a moment.

  1. I like the sound of your chair but it sleeps only one. hehehehe. It seems this chair is your comfort blanket. Freud would be interested in you. Perhaps it is the cloying surrounds of its soft leather that causes you to dream beyond reality.
    Perhaps it is your love of peace and tranquillity that sends you off floating into the dark world of fantasy. Whatever it is it has given you your own world. As you sink beneath its folds you are sinking into the comfort of your father's protective arms. It is the oedipus complex. We all exhibit these characteristics in one form or another. I wish you happy days in the comfort of your special chair.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.