"Where is Momo?" asks Nia who thought I was helping out at the studios.
"She is asleep in the corner chair, please don't wake her!" replies Hitomi with a smile.
If there could have been a month where I could have hibernated quite happily then I think that August could easily qualify for the best time of the season. I suppose that is not strictly true but I always seemed quite tired.
The Angels were of course on their school summer vacation and we had a holiday on the coast as July gave way to August and when we returned I found I was a hairdresser. It was supposed to be for just three days a week and that lasted all of two weeks. After I finished work in week two I went home and packed and Hitomi and the Angels and I went to spend a few dads with Dad in Otaru. The Angels had learned a magic trick with a tube, balls and a piece of string just to show their Grandfather. If any of you recall that when the Angels first came back home to me and dad was here at that time, he showed them magic tricks with coins that impressed them immensely.
The Angels trick was to have a tube (a kitchen paper towel tube that they had colored and places stickers over) with a pet flea inside. They would drop the ball into the tube asking their pet to catch it. He does and does not let it fall out until they tell him to let go. Also they drop one end of a loosely knotted piece of string into the tube that their pet unties so when they pull it out the sting is not knotted at all.
The four of us flew up to Otaru and we had a wonderfully relaxing few days there. I was feeling quite tired in a general way by this time and I did not go for my early morning jogs but I did go to the early morning bakers for those delicious pastries and their freshly baked loaves even if it was much later in the day.
On the morning of our first day back I found out I was working six days a week at the salon to cover other staff vacations. Rina, my brother's wife, has been wonderful looking after the Angels when Hitomi or I did not have the time.
When I came home in the evenings I would make dinner for Hitomi and the angels and then last Sunday, the angels last day of vacation, we were up at the studio where I promised to help out because Hitomi had a real busy day, I fell asleep in the corner. I sat down for just a moment to take some tea and what was seemingly the next moment the angels were gently shaking me awake and telling me that I'd slept for two hours!
I think I've been too much a lady of leisure and finally working full time again as well as doing all my home duties has taken its toll.
I went to see Tety, the children's father again last month and he looks thinner and haggard. He is happy the children have had a good year at school and he brightened up while asking of them.
Finding time to be here has been difficult of late. I do apologize.

0 comments :: August came and went!
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.