My piece of the cake!
I sometimes think there is more water in all the heavens than the endless horizons of all the oceans.
How has rain become so synonymous with those sad days that we invariably suffer?
Actually I sometimes like the rain, I see it as an old friend visiting me. Summer rains had a beauty once!
I used to put my headphones to full volume and kick off my shoes and dance in the park barefoot.
Summer wetness so refreshing
I felt my clothes plastered to me and little rivulets running down my cheeks and the tickle of wet grass between my toes as I let myself express the melody that filled my ears.
I think in truth a sadness arrives at the doors to our hearts when we know the fight against the currents is defeating us. The spectre of resignation would drag us down to the darkness. A child that cries for denied candy is but a prelude to the tears we shed later in life, But perhaps I describe just a single chapter in a whole book.
Only one man ever truly broke my heart. Smashed it to the point where I thought recovery would be impossible
The view from the bridge into an icy blackness of nevermore was never so frightening, but at least not as frightening as turning away and living without him.
What do we do that gives that power to someone? A feeling that can deny our basic survival instinct?
Not deny, but totally overpower it?
But what did he really do to me?
Did he steal me against future onslaught? Or did I do that to myself?
What have I become?
The desires of the heart tease me occasionally
and I reach out and find
That you and I could be two of a kind
Paths are walked with my hand in yours
and smiles erupt to rapturous applause
beginning the games is always the easy part...
But as the days grow old
and the nights become cold
you can't keep to my rhythm or I walk out of step with you
and that's the beginning of divergent paths
So that leaves me wondering, where do you think YOUR path takes you?
Some people think that an ideal partner would be from not only a similar background but also be involved in a similar business
Ha!
Not true!
Those that have a similar background are just as crazy as me and are not the people you need to anchor your feet to the ground.
Those in the same business are plastic people as I call them and spend far to much time in mirrors and windows to see beyond the glass ha ha!
Some of them are powerful people and can take a dream and make it real, creation of something from a mental image
Realization!
But the dream never tells the whole story, like the surface of a lake can describe the reflected beauty of the landscape it finds itself in, but what people forget is
"What lies beneath?"
Ensnaring weeds and deadly undercurrents?
Rarely you find only what you expect to find.
So look up to the skies and forget what lies beneath
and when that star goes by
reach out and hold it in your hands
My heart then was like the stars that decorate the night
and of the sun that made my day
it shines and lights up my way
And then, when that single star passes by
I'd reach out for it with my hands and cry
that the love you once had was mine
You know you made my sun shine
My rainclouds never saw the light of day
Thanks for chasing them all away
....................so long and thanks for all the tapestries.

Beautiful prose; you have a gift for words jazz.
Quietman
April 11, 2008 9:13 PMAfter reading your blog about the amount of water in the heavens I wondered if this was a cryptic reflection of your lost love. If the hurt you suffered, when the man you loved severed the cord that held you to him, caused you to utter a cry to the heavens, is this the rain to which you refer?
Why do you dance in the tears that fall in such large amounts?
The snares that lie beneath the lake are still there. In my own case I find it difficult to disentangle my feet from those snares. Am I interpreting your words correctly?
If so, then you are most forgiving of your last love and the heavens that stood idly by and watched it happen, and did nothing to help.
If I am right in understanding all this then that man has given up a woman with a beautiful heart. I hope you will never again have to chase away the rainclouds.
Sashi
April 11, 2008 9:13 PM