
The world or at least my little part of it is like an ornate tapestry, a canvas where I may, at will, throw paint and splash colors representing moods and turbulent emotion. But the continuation and onward march of days makes the canvas animated. It becomes a movie of our lives.
Who are we, any of us? We are not what we once were and neither are we what is yet to be. We are always in a state of flux - changing. Like echo’s cast by the mountains we react to life around us.
It is important to have a secret, like a premonition of things unknown. It fills life with something impersonal and yet intriguing. Someone who has never experienced that has missed something important! They must sense that they live in a world which in some respects is mysterious, that things happen and can be experienced which remain inexplicable and that not everything which happens can be anticipated. The unexpected and the incredible belong in this world as much as the predictable and the normal. Only then is life whole and complete. For me the world has from the beginning been infinite and ungraspable. Laugh if you like, but you, like me, have only grasped one little corner and there is so much more.
Is this why explanations for it form the basis of religions? I cannot know the answer to that one, for it too is ungraspable for me.
We always go and seek the wise old men for sage counsel, but is it truly the benefit of what they have learned over so many years that we wish a youthful insight into?
The older I have become, the less I have understood or had insight into or known about myself.
This is a classic case of more questions than answers.
I am incapable of determining ultimate worth or worthlessness. I should have no judgment about myself and my life, but invariably I do. There is nothing I am quite sure about. I have no definite convictions~~~~ not about anything, really. I exist on the foundation of something I do not know. When Lao-Tzu says "All is clear, I alone am clouded", he is expressing what I now feel in my old age of almost 30+. Lao-Tzu is the example of a man who at the end of his life desires to return into his own being, into the eternal unknowable meaning. The more uncertain I have felt about myself, the more there has grown up in me a feeling of kinship with all things. In fact it seems to me as if that alienation which so long separated me from this world has become transferred into my own inner world, and has revealed to me an unexpected unfamiliarity with myself.
So who am I really and what is my life worth and what is it I must achieve?
Why have I desired to be alone and yet felt so alone I have needed that someone special to hold me to converse with me.
Who are you that I call my friend?
To quote a hero of mine, Carl Gustav Jung...
"It is clear that the God-image corresponds to a definite complex of psychological facts, and is thus a quantity which we can operate with; but what God is in himself remains a question outside the competence of all psychology. It must now be admitted that things exist in the psyche about which we know little or nothing at all and that they possess at least as much reality as the things of the physical world which ultimately we do not understand either."
I do not think it necessary to describe a beautiful day to anyone. Their and my idea of beauty may differ and if it does not, then you have a frame of reference all for yourself so I may just say a beautiful day, and you will know what I mean. Nor do I have to attempt to describe myself, for you have eyes to see and make your own descriptions. Do not over analyze the reflections of your mirrors. I enjoy being me and take more enjoyment in the freedom of being me. If I should try to dissect my personality which as I have already said changes constantly I would be trying to nail pictures to the sky.
No one on Earth can feel like me because I am unique. I am the product of my personal history. I admit I have neither the intellect nor the desire or even the time for self analysis as
I reach out into this world and find others. I interact with others. I should not judge them, but I do and in that judgment I determine what roles they will have in my life, a lover, a friend, a non-entity?
But as I change, they change too and my pictures fall from the skies.
Cast off the bounds that others place upon us, I am free, I am me!
0 comments :: Who are we?
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.