Yesterday we went to 109 to have a look around the stores and April can choose some gifts for her family and friends. Later as we sat with cappuccinos we decided that she'd bought some nice clothes for herself but still had nothing for her Father and we'd spent too much time in Material girl and 'dazzlin' and the afternoon had evaporated into the evening.Some friends came over and spent the evening with us who April had met last time and April told us all about her adventures in London. It was fun and our friends insisted we go out so we go to the Aldgate which is very British "pub" to remind her of her recent adventures. It was quiet really because no soccer fans were there so we enjoyed the delicacy of "fish 'n' chips" Ha ha! It's not so good but it is passable with the tomato sauce and orange juice.
Today we went to baba to watch the yabusame. For people who don't know what that is, it's the horseback archery from samurai skills (see the image), but today it is the spirit of the skill. In days before the targets were live and failures would cost the warriors honor and life. Today they are racing down the track and have to hit three targets, controlling horse with knees and heels commands and both hands with the bow.
Only one archer today hit all three and took the honored white sash as his prize.
We didn't stay for the street parade but home for a quiet late dinner and April can telephone overseas.
We all need a reason for the things we do and the things we feel.
I post this video of Tamaki Nami because it seems more the mood of the evening. We have each other but we both miss someone special.
The further apart we are, the closer I feel to you
Even loneliness becomes strength
…When I think of you
Yabusame sounds very interesting. Will you be watching any Sumo ?
Quietman
April 11, 2008 9:43 PMso nice to hear that you and April are enjoying each other's company and are having a good time...friends, not matter how close or how far from you they are will always be with you....have fun and stay out of trouble...
Smiling Pig
April 11, 2008 9:43 PMYour day out made me feel homesick for Japan. Homushiku ni narimashita. Did you go to Kamakura Hachi Mangu to see yabusame?
It seems you had a cultural exchange of lifestyles to enjoy.
Was it a girls' day out? I can imagine you all talked a lot and laughed a lot too. Stay happy.
I loved this pic. I dont hear Japanese songs here and you made me feel good. Thanks.
Sashi
April 11, 2008 9:44 PMThanks for your concern, Ron. We will try to to be careful.
I really enjoyed our time together, sis. I wished you were with me in London when I was there. When Garth was not with me, I had to stay at the hotel for the whole day. Sometimes, I took my map and went for an adventure. But I enjoyed those weeks cos I was with him.
I know am going to enjoy here, as well.
April Faith
April 11, 2008 9:44 PM