Throwing Momo from the train

Being squashed onto an overcrowded train is not always an ideal situation and it makes me wonder in a scientific way about material density and the point where it reaches critical mass. Thankfully it appears rare that I ever see people explode and now that I've said that I'm contemplating retracting that statement. No! Let it stand while I sit down and let's not mention black holes here!
Anzu and I squeezed onto the train at Ebisu and she at once jumped into an empty seat. It was very nice to have a gentleman sitting next to her considerately stand and offer me his seat. I thanked him and obligation over. I casually regarded the advertising above the windows. Anzu made herself comfortable and her eyes closed and like so many in here, she decided to pass the journey in an unconscious state. I said goodbye to the prospect of conversation and any other mutual intimacy!
There are only so many advertisements and stored text messages that you can read before boredom starts nudging at the corners of your mind.
Oh I wish I'd picked up that magazine now from the vendor but I realize that if I did I would have missed this train and the advertising message saying how much apricot tea is so beneficial to me. That's funny really, you all know Momo is a peach right? Anzu can also mean apricot. All aboard the fruit salad train then! Would you like cream with that?

After a while you tend to forget how impolite it is to just stare at other people but I think it's natural that we do even if it's just to see how they seem to be coping with the boredom that quickly creeps along the train like a shadow of night chasing away the day. Of course should they be doing the same thing then I quickly look away! I hide behind my act of feigned interest in the contents of my iPod.
The man who stood up for me is reasonably smartly dressed in his light gray suit that's not quite of the Hugo Boss cut and has too many ironed creases running up the legs, but its ok. The suit ill matches his dark green tie and dark blue shirt. He carries a briefcase that could possible contain his lunch but not much else as it seems far to light in his hand. His other hand holding on to the strap seems encumbered by a gold watch of equal weight and probable value as his briefcase. His heavy glasses don't really hide the fact that he keeps glancing down the rather exposed neckline of the girl sitting next to me who carries a scent like the end of a rain-storm.
She has a magazine and is oblivious to her admirer and is more interested in Maybelline's define-a-lash volumiser and I must admit it does look attractive as I peek into her pages. I may have to try some and with that I feel the power of advertising tingle once more inside of me.
My feet are actually dancing to my iPod now so I must be happy but I accidentally kicked the man standing in front of me who appreciates plunging necklines.
Sorry I say and adjust my shoes as if I had temporarily lost control over them and sometimes I do! If only this place was a chat room on the internet, I'd soon have these people smiling. I'm a living dead girl in a train full of zombies!

The girl across from me is pretty interesting though. She is looking at everyone and writing down notes in her little Pucca notebook. She could be writing a shopping list or a secret love letter or anything really but from the way she looks intently at people and then quickly scribbles notes down and then back to an engrossed stare at the next person, it is almost is if she is noting down descriptions of people as if she needed to ascribe a set of characters for her up-coming new novel. I'd love to know what she wrote down about me! I like to think that she described me as a raven haired beauty with a soft sense of innocence written across my pale milk skin with deep and dark eyes in which you can peer all the way through to my soul. Hey I'm the one writing so I can say what I feel, right? Ha-ha!
I wonder if I will also be the heroine of her story with a description like that or the villain about to take control of the world.
I like writing stories myself and it is only because of an association with my old friend Ron Sparks that I ever tried writing little articles of fiction for the sheer pleasure of it. So I'd like to say many thanks to him for sharing his passions with me. Coincidentally I was also talking to another Ron last night I think I may have inspired him to create a little work of fiction again. I shall enjoy that when that comes along because I don't think that he's been inspired since he was created his story China Blue some time ago and that was due to the inspiration of another person. So I'm really happy that I see the desires to create burn within him once more. Although I'm a little disappointed that he won't get Bruce Willis to play the part when it hits the silver screen and he won't use my working title of "Try hard with a pension' but my mouth waters in anticipation of its arrival as much as the prospect of a date with Nelly Furtado.
And now that I've announced it to the world dear Ron, you have much more pressure on you, greater expectations and you'll need bigger excuses if you let me down Ha-ha!

The boy sitting next to her seems to be the lost type who lives most of his life in Internet cafes. He wears old clothes and he's unshaven and slightly trembling hands holding his Naruto comic book. His eyes quickly darting from panel to panel almost staccato like lends to a character more robot-like than human. He probably spends the rest of his money on games and action figures.

Yeah I'm probably cruel for thinking those things with no foundation or reason except its how I felt as I watched. I think it is a good thing that I'm not the psychic they visit or else my clients won't pay me for such dark and ominous feelings.
We and nearly everyone else leaves by the time we reach Ueno and so ends my minds insane attempts at easing boredom. What do you do on a train?
While 'Miss you never miss me when I'm here' is still away until Saturday I am like the robot man I saw on the train and cuddle up to something warm, soft and cute and something I can't get into trouble over! Teddy loves me!

Great news that I've finally had a quick word with my sister and how quickly the worries of speculation and idle gossip disappears once I talked with her and hear it first hand. She disappeared for a while and it was so out of character and unlike her that we did worry and we did wonder...
She is not the story teller but is a much more private girl and I believe she has good reason to be so because she has a lot of responsibility handed to her. As much as she wants to run free, sing and play, she knows her duty and accepts it with a maturity that would belie her young years.

On the day that the USA swears in a new President, there seems to be a great pilgrimage of Americans here heading out towards Nagasaki prefecture. I wonder why? Above and beyond skin color, which seems to be a large if shallow talking point about him, I feel that he is a strong and capable politician and America needs someone like that now, a man in touch with the hopes and dreams of the people who put him there. Mr Bush may have faded long before today but Mr Obama's strength has been there to give hope for the future.


Click this if you think it's sexy and want a better look!

I have decided to remove the encryption that I had installed here. The encryption and decryption algorithms were stored as a javascript routine on a separate, and it appears unreliable, server that made the overall loading time of my page unacceptably long. It is not that I use it that much or really have a need for it can be consigned to the dark and often forgotten drawer of ideas that almost made it.

I appear on another bloggers reading links: Thank you Sweet Vredinka

2 comments :: Throwing Momo from the train

  1. Quite a philosophical train ride you had! I enjoyed this post immensely, and not just because you mentioned me in it!

    If you ever want to try your hand at writing fiction again, just let me know. You have a great mind for plot twists and subtlety that sometimes escapes me. You bring out the best in yourself and other writers.

    As for Obama - I wish you could be here in the States and feel the energy - the renewed hope - that he brings to our nation. For the first time in nearly a decade, I am hopeful. I am patriotic. It's a great feeling. I know he has a big job ahead of him, but he is an inspired leader and an entire nation is behind him.

  2. Thank you Ron.
    Of course I'm always interested in writing. As you may already know, I completed that story, "The Last Battle", that for so long lay unfinished on your old site. See March 2006 of this blog.
    I know there is also an unfinished story that we had once, "There will be a time". I don't have any part of that in my files. If you have the germ of an idea in mind we can arrange to discuss it. I don't always have the time that I used to have but this should not be a barrier.
    I thank you for such high praise but really I'm just ordinary.

    I don't have to be in USA to feel for you, the whole world sense's a change and can smell the change of scent in the wind. I sense dynamic energy like we can feel electricity fresh from a storm.
    All of you together can do it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.