Chilled

It is a great relief to have someone bring the ladders and climb up there to the ceiling and remove that ugly sword that was hanging above us on such a thin hair like thread. It is my belief that the uncertainty of the future did affect everyone here even if we all tried to hide it. A directive issued from the top floor states that the current restructure is complete and there will be no stage two unless very drastic changes affect the national economy. So it is all eyes on the news to see what comes next. The current restructure is now being monitored to ensure that the predicted 'streamlining' does not come with little lines on the company graph that suddenly decide to wander outside of the desired envelope.
Life goes on and we all can breathe with a little more ease.

To celebrate, Hana, our new assistant fashion editor and I went out to the Hassan restaurant in Roppongi and opened our purse strings and enjoyed wagyu beef. The sense of relief is fantastic. Perhaps because she is new I found that she is a lot more open than the other editorial staff that I have had the pleasure to know in social situations.We had an amazing conversation and I'm sure we are going to be happy working together in the future.



There are some moments when I consider the future but it is always an inadequate view because I try to look at it with the information I have available today and not with the information I will have by the time I reach there. My friend Kuri has decided to join my gym so I'll take her tomorrow and help her with her membership and that just had me thinking about a few things.
There is a strange balance of things as my imagination plays with lots of possibilities. Of course none of them are anywhere near what will be but it's nice to play in the meadows of my mind. You'll have to take off your shoes and come and run in the long grass sometime.

1 comments :: Chilled

  1. You know if we all knew what tomorrow would bring we would find ourselves in a constant of boredom. It is that feeling of the unknown that drives our imagination and gives us that sense of anticipation that fuels our moods.

    Later

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.