She has a cold


She seemed a little more irritable than usual when she came home last night and looked exhausted and despite my best efforts did not want to eat. It's not that she would be making work for me since we live above the family restaurant, it would be easy for us to go downstairs. In the medicine cabinet we had a couple of capsules left (I must buy some more!) and she had two of those while I convinced her that soup would be easy to digest. She reluctantly agreed and I made us both some chicken and green onion soup.

I also made us some lemon and ginger tea while she soaked her feet in hot water with marigold petals, marjoram and lavender essence. There are of course no cures for the common cold but there are many ways to make ourselves feel a little better. The ginger and lemon tea I made is good for the throat and so is honey and lemon tea. One drink here that a lot of people swear is the best remedy is a drink called tamagozake, which is sake and raw egg mixed together and a little sugar to sweeten it up.
I remember that it was once given to me as a child and I was very sick. Needless to say the experience lasted with me and I don't drink it. Perhaps it would be ok and we all know Momo likes a little drink now and again but seriously when I even think about this drink my stomach feels uncomfortable. I love sake and I love eggs but apparently not together!


It was one of those evenings where she just didn't know what to do to feel comfortable. After her reluctant soup and tea she dried her feet and then put the towel over her head and a bowl of steaming water to inhale the vapors. She then went to sleep in the guest room under two thick woolen blankets and then of course she complained that she was too hot and so she threw them on the floor. I know what it's like having a cold and you just can't reach the happy medium between the extremes!
I guess there's no shared body heat tonight!
Once she was asleep I ran across to the Am-pm store and bought some rice porridge, oranges, grapefruit, more contac pills, two nasal sprays, and some high density face masks.
It's better to be prepared!



3 comments :: She has a cold

  1. Hey Jazz.
    Nice new blog! "Out with the old in with the new", as my Grandmother used to say...

    Sorry to hear your better half has a cold but I can think of no better nurse.
    Oh wait, yes I can...
    I remember when I broke my leg and it was in that cast and you chased me with that damn ostrich feather.

    I wish her well and you too Miss!

  2. Did you laugh?
    Yes!
    Is laughter the best medicine?
    Yes!
    You have no complaint really Garth (Laughs) and you can now walk on it!

  3. Slip some garlic into Hitomi's food - that will kill all germs(and,unfortunately,any passion).

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.