I actually came across this rather fascinating term perhaps one week after I had blogged my Hanami post after the first week of April last year.
What does it mean?
Well you don't really need to know because the term in that sense honestly has no relevance here! (But I can dream - laughs loudly) But if curiosity gets the better of you then you can click this!
Now let's get back to my true and real meaning of the Cherry Blossom. Every year we eagerly wait the publishing's from the Weather association for the expected opening of the cherry blossom flowers and the best times to view.
Since Japan extends from Okinawa in the far south to Hokkaido in the north, then due to such things as latitude and weather considerations, we are given a list of cities with each given an expected blossom opening date and a date window for the best times to view.This year the Tokyo blooms officially opened on March 22nd and the best viewing times were from March 28 until April 11 and far to the north in Sapporo (where it is a few degrees cooler), they open on May 7 with the best viewing times window only from May 11 - 16. When I posted my last blog re flowers, you can all plainly see that I had missed the Tokyo time of the published best viewing times.
Early on Sunday morning after a light breakfast, Hitomi and I had a stroll along the Sumida river park and we plainly saw on the grassy banks that a lot of the blooms had fallen but there were still enough up on the tree to enjoy the beauty of nature. In my opinion, the best place to view the blooms here would be Ueno Park but we didn't have the whole day to travel up there because Miss Placed had to go over to her Mother's house and help her redecorate. How convenient then for us that the best times to view the blooms are in the quieter mornings.In the mornings we have old couples enjoying the fragrant beauty and families too with their young happy playful children, picnicking beneath the pink canopy and enjoying the occasion. During the afternoon the families and seniors head home because this is the time of the noisy teens and the beer drinking competitions and it can get a little rowdy as the afternoons crawl into the evenings.
I have finally decided to import the posts from my old blog, my beloved "Jazz-Journals" into this blog. Jazz Journals is still there and easily accessible from my page header links but the posts from there have been simply copied across here into "Momo's Musings". For a long time I have deliberated whether or not to do it because at the time of ending Jazz Journals I was experiencing some serious health issues and I had considered ending my blog permanently. Then when the results of my medical procedures and associated undertakings proved to be quite successful and unexpectedly quick, I had thought to end that blog along with its software errors beyond my control and make a fresh start here as I too had been given a fresh start. The latest news from my last results are absolutely no signs of any further deterioration and no signs at all of any new growth. As from June my monthly examinations will be changed into three monthly check ups and next year they will become six monthly.
Looking back from today upon those dark and fearful days and reassessing my life once again and of course once more believing in my future, I can think to myself that this is me and this is my blog and this is the continuing story of jazz and so why not make the two blogs as one!
...And so I have. The verge of the merge has been accomplished.
I hope that you as well as I, enjoy looking back over our past thoughts and posts and comments.
I would like to thank you everyone for your contributions no matter how small, every single word counted.
Thank you so much. Let life's story unfold and continue long for me and for you.
Goodbye Sakura - Scandal

It seems just like yesterday when I was reading your Hanami post you made last year. Hard to believe how fast time is flying!
As you know, the place I live in has a tropical climate so I never get to experience the beauties each season - autumn, winter, spring and summer has to offer. I left China at a very young age, so the memory of snow and winter has already faded which is quite unfortunate. I can imagine the eagerness people have to see the beauty of the cherry blossoms at this time of the year each year.
I am sorry to hear that you missed the best viewing times but at least you managed to catch a glimpse of the blossoms along Sumida :-P it must have been a very pleasant experience!
It's good to know that you have combined your Jazz's journal together with this one. Your Jazz's journal brings back a lot of good memories and I have always considered it to be a part of your today's blog.
I am so happy to know of your latest medical results. I know how tough the past year must have been for you, but now things have all changed for the better. I am happy for you Momo.
Nice blog as always.
Andrew
April 14, 2010 2:37 AMNice to see you blossoming amongst the cherry blossoms, Momo.
Great news that you don't need to go for monthly check-ups any longer. No one likes hospitals.
Spring has finally arrived here; must go out and take advantage of the good weather. Bye.
Unknown
April 15, 2010 11:57 AMJazz. You are very pretty and sweet. Wish you always happy and healthy.
Patrick
April 18, 2010 2:13 AM