This spring has been like no other on the Jazzy records. In fact these last few working weeks have been so intense that I have officially missed greeting the spring this year. I did not venture into the parks for the flower viewing and even during my limited free time, I found I had so much else to do.
It was perhaps the fact that I had mentioned this in front of Hitomi whilst wearing a saddened face that inspired her to bring me flowers. Not just any ordinary bouquet but one cunningly designed in the style of my favorite Kitty-chan which was guaranteed to bring a warm smile to my face.
Unfortunately, the last person to give me kitty-chan flowers, and she wasn't to know, was my first serious boy-friend, the old worm 'Tetty' himself. I understood all the times he was late due to work and how many untouched meal's that I'd prepare for him ended up in the trash and how charming he was and how considerate he was when he gave me those little thoughtful gifts to say sorry. I'd just run to the kitchen and start all over again to feed my man. From my perspective of today it's hard to believe how naive I really was in those early adult years. I look back at myself and shake my head at what I consider stupidity on my part. I didn't realize for a long long time that his little gift flowers were to ease his own feelings of guilt of him seeing that other woman.
There were times in my very young years that I'd have felt betrayed simply by someone not keeping a confidence or a friend of mine being friendly towards someone I didn't like. Tetsuya was the first person to make me feel the deepest and true pain of betrayal. Time, as it is said, really is a healer and the distance between then and now as I look back on those times are pain-free and I can just look it for what it was and with an almost neutral sense, I can feel comforted that I have learned valuable lessons from those times.
Of course these flowers from Hitomi shouldn't really make me think of those times because her gift of flowers were not given through any form of appeasement gesture or any of those wrong reasons. They were given to me with love and with consideration. My kitty style carnation and gerbera spray has made me feel really really good inside and it gave me a warm genuine smile. She can be extra thoughtful at times. I greet the spring and welcome its return and I am very happy to see it and now I have a little of it wrapped, decorated and given to me by someone special. It is a most pleasing feeling!
The last time I gave flowers, I did not give them to anyone. I simply bought them because I liked them and I took them up to the office to brighten it and give it an added natural touch. I'd like to ask you all now, when was the last time you gave flowers and who too and if you dare, give your reason.


How thoughtful of Hitomi to give you such a nicely designed kitty chan style flower! looks beautiful.
I don't think I have ever given anyone flowers, at least not yet. But if I get into a relationship again, I will definitely try and do that and be a little romantic haha.
I am sure that the relationship between you and Tetsuya had been both sweet and bitter, but it is all in the past now and we all make many mistakes when we are young. What's important is that you are now happy and can look back and have a laugh at the mistakes you made when you were a young adult :-))
Andrew
April 11, 2010 7:09 PMHm, the last time I gave flowers was back in college. My girlfriend at the time had told me early that she couldn't do anything on Valentine's day because her presence was mandatory for her play's rehearsal. I told her that I would work that day then and we'd make it up another time. However, I instead surprised her at her rehearsal with a bouquet of a dozen red roses and publicly serenaded her. Although our relationship ended a month or so afterwards, she and I remain very good friends =)
bitxwise
April 12, 2010 1:40 PMA wonderful hope and a promising future if yet but a dream Andrew.
Breathe in the sweet perfume and then tell her your poetry.
Narcissus, I like to watch you grow.
When snow is shining.
Beyond the crystal glass.
A coat of snow covers the hills far.
The sun is setting.
And you stretch out flowers of palest white.
In the pink of the sun.
(A poem by a little girl)
Ivo, I wonder how long ago that was?
Perhaps too long.
Flowers can say many things other than "I love you."
Flowers have their own language, Google it!
I'll say it with flowers to you.
Forget-me-not! (big smile)
Welcome to my blog Ivo and thanks both you and Andrew for commenting.
Momo
April 13, 2010 3:41 AM