Between then and now with 'then' being a few days before my last post and 'now' being the time I sit at my desk and compose this one - it feels like a lot has happened and yet I feel an emptiness within me as if the days had simply rushed by us with great haste and disappeared without ceremony into the annals of unwritten history.There have been three blogs created since then and none of them made it here to the final draft.
There lies an insane world between facade and finality and since it is pointless staying in there you have to jump to one side. Unfortunately the 'front' is far too temporary to exist for long.
Last Friday night Kuri came over. She'd phoned us on Tuesday previously and we invited her over to see us since she'd be in Tokyo for the weekend. She told us all about her new place in Kyoto, her friends, her job and as she told us I had that awful feeling inside of watching someone seemingly cut off their past. I know she suffered terrible hardships when she and Azami split up but it is just terrible witnessing distance placed between friends. It's even more terrible feeling that we are next.
Still, it was all smiles and goody-goody feelings having her here with us and yet there was such a sense of 'deja-vu' and a sharing of empathy between Kuri and I that I think without words it could be seen by strangers.
On Saturday morning, Hitomi had invited a couple of photographers and models for an event and Kuri and I tagged a long to watch.
During the event one of the photographers approached Kuri and said she'd love to photograph her. Kuri said she wasn't a model but the photographer was fairly persuasive and complimented Kuri so much saying she had such interesting features and an attractive and appealing look that a lot of girls would die for. Kuri was really hooked and finally agreed but was very unsure about how she should pose. Hitomi told her they could pose together but then once she found a comfort zone she'd be flying solo.

I think she did extremely well.
Other things aside from that day did not go so well though and unfortunately this has been a great cause of friction. So much so that I think we are finding the present situation between us difficult and intolerable to say the least. It is perhaps my fault more than anyone's.
Things have not been right for a little while and my blog isn't going to reflect what's going on there.
For a little while - all I can say is that while dreams and nightmares, light and dark are integral parts of each other, I have no wish to explore the murky depths that the trails I am currently on seem to be heading towards.
There have been arguments and patience has been stretched to breaking points,
Jazz takes a break to sort out a real life.
Thanks to Kuri and to Arisu for allowing me the images.






0 comments :: Jinx?
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.