Last year the motorcycle show was canceled due to the quake. I had been hoping to come back from the USA last year and work there assuming of course that I was fit enough to do so. As it happened I wasn't but much greater events were to play themselves out, quite differently and also quite sadly with much greater tragic consequences than the mere cancellations of events.
Again Nanoko looked after my Angels while I worked on the 'Sym' booth over the three days of the event. They stayed at home with Nanoko on the Friday, they came to see me on the Saturday and Hitomi looked after them on the Sunday.
Hitomi's studio has already had several large event bookings in the last three weeks which is really good news and with several more to follow in the next few weeks she has been and will be kept really busy.
This week I have a booking with Betty magazine for an appearance in a hair special (with connections to the school. Betty magazine is a magazine that concentrates mainly on hair, styles, tutorials and beauty tricks and associated articles. Recently it's been expanding into street fashions and accessories. It's a little on the limited side with a small readership. It's not fancy glitter (except for the page decorations) and sometimes its a little too short on the information it should be giving but it's not a bad magazine. I even picked up a copy from the magazine rack in my local supermarket because of an article sub header on the cover, "Struggling single fashion Mother with children crafts new hair arrangement" (子育てに奮闘しているももこママのヘアアレンジを紹介!) 'Is it me?' I laughed to myself but of course it wasn't me although it may well be one day in a future header. We never know what tomorrow brings! Actually, credit where its due, there were several articles which quite caught my attention including a frank interview with a model who went through depression. An almost unheard of confession here even if its common in other countries.
I'm also booked for a bridal shoot at the end of the week. I'm quite looking forward to trying on some gowns.
So it's been a very busy few weeks here. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog but with work and the school break and being a struggling fashion Mother - I really didn't have the time to make it here. Sorry! All of us here wish all of you there a very Happy Spring.









0 comments :: Inundated
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.