A little loss

How do you blog about the normal everyday housewife routines?
So I've cleaned the kitchen floor and the oven. I washed our clothes from the laundry basket and I hung them out to dry. I went to the store for provisions, I came home and put them away and I started preparing the evening meal.
I sat for a moment or two and watched a little daytime TV (it is really dreadful) and I phoned a few friends just to hear mellow voices.
I sat and remembered the routines of the office back in the days when I worked at my desk with people rushing, emails and phone calls filling up my day. Routines that were gladly broken up with outside assignments, interviews and fashion shows. Meetings and samples, oh those lovely samples, I so miss those and life was full of weird and wonderful people who had flair and extravagance.

I think I'm known now in all my local stores but I'm forgotten by all the design houses where I no longer show my face. I wonder if they wonder to where all those old faces disappear.
Hardly! They won't have time for yesterday.
The in-box on my desk here at home has been empty for a while and even the messages on the phone seem less. More often they are for her these days.


At least Hitomi thinks about me. She wants me to go and check a couple of places out as possible locations for shooting.Yes, I feel useful for being able to do this small thing.

Where did that crazy girl disappear to, the one in my mirror?
I thought about phoning a holiday agency and seeing how much for a ticket to never never land.

This morning I went with Hitomi to the offices of a well-known English language newspaper. They have a ladies magazine supplement that is going to run a special with some of her work. I've been in those offices four or five times in the past but nobody remembered me. Today was Hitomi's day and I'm proud of her. She looks good in the spotlight.

2 comments :: A little loss

  1. Life has its ups and downs. You appreciate the highs more after you been through the lows. Why don't you write an article to accompany Hitomi's photos?

  2. The ups and downs! You are so right QM. Here in this post I looked up questioningly and the engineer on the lighting gantry and I just lamented the positional change of the spotlights.

    As for the article - it's not as easy as that. Her work is to supply visual themed imagery for concepts already thrashed out. The articles are already past the idea form and are already in the probationary stages.

    Thanks QM.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.