Sym-ple minds (Don't you forget about me!)

The Angels and I enjoyed a quiet flight from Sapporo to Narita airport on Thursday morning. There are often a lot of deals on flights to Narita instead of Haneda airport. Narita is much further out of the city than Haneda which means it is a fair drive back into the city but we saved a great deal of money choosing this option.
We all had books to read but I'd asked them how they had enjoyed their few days at Grandfathers home as we settled into our seats and it turned into one long happy chat. We discussed all that they had done, seen, experienced and the things that they want to do next time. They told me how wonderful it was being with Grandfather and meeting their Uncle Tokutaro (my eldest brother) and Aunt and they listened to tales of my past times in Otaru with smiling faces.
Once we landed in Narita we quickly found my brother Kenjiro who had come to pick us up because the angels were going to stay with him and their cousin Kyoshican over the weekend since Hitomi and I were both working the motorcycle show in Osaka.

Hitomi was at Kenjiro's home to meet us with both of our weekend bags packed and ready and together we all enjoyed a late lunch. Then after kissing the angels goodbye, Kenjiro drove us across to Shibuya station where we picked up the 1800 to Osaka. We dozed a little on the journey but there was so much news to share above and beyond that of holiday and family that it was hardly any rest at all.




























By the time we reached our hotel, which I'd like to say was a glad one, it was just after 2130 and I was totally exhausted whereas Miss Plum seemed full of energy. Traveling really takes it out of me! We went downstairs to eat in the hotel restaurant after putting our bags in our very pleasant but small room and then with tummies satisfied we had a nice relaxing hot bath. We didn't see any of the other girls who were staying there that night because if they were sensible creatures and I admit not a lot of us are when we are out on assignments, they'd have been sleeping!
By 2300 we relaxed into bed (two singles I might add but we expect this) and my eyes must have closed at once.
All too suddenly the alarm buzzed us awake at 6:15 and so startled I was by it that I eyed Hitomi's travel clock with great suspicion and a mean look in my eyes. Then, almost reluctantly it was time for showers, dressing and breakfast where we met a few other girls working the event and who were also staying at this hotel. The bus arrived at 7:30 to take us all over to the Intex exhibition arena. We had a quick look around and then closely following our guide we found the SYM booth which we quickly went into its small enclosed back area to do our hair and makeup and then come out to meet our promoter.

This 29th Osaka show was a three day weekend event that was a great success with excellent attendances and we had an awful lot of fun working the crowds. On Sunday Nia came down to have a look around the event and of course come to greet her two favorite booth girls.
I am very happy that the wonderful people at 'Sym motors promotions' once again asked Yoshi for me personally even though I am out of contract with Yoshie. Happily Yoshi created for me a temporary freelancing assignment (which also keeps the client happy) and I'm also so grateful to her that that she worked it wonderfully for Hitomi to be the one to come on board with me. It has always been a pleasure to work 'SYM's' booth and after the first day I had chance to thank Yoshi personally face to face. Yoshi just smiled at me and said I must not feel obliged. I laughed and kissed her cheek and told her to just call me. Next week it's closer to home and what a big sight that'll be!
One of the most wonderful feelings in the world is to be remembered.

1 comments :: Sym-ple minds (Don't you forget about me!)

  1. We can't live our lives just by sitting outside the house staring at the world moving on?

    "One of the most wonderful feelings in the world is to be remembered."

    I can agree with that by saying that "One of the sadest feelings in the world is to be forgotten".

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.