All kinds of good things

It's been a busy couple of weeks with the Tokyo Motorcycle show and then noticing that spring is here. As a busy Mama I have not even thought of the April's fool day prank for this year.
Last Sunday the Angels and I traveled over to Kobe to see one of the last of the Muscats final ever concerts. Just before Christmas last year it was announced that today, April 7 and after their final appearance in the Tokyo Disney-world Maihama ampitheater would be the sad day that they disbanded and frankly speaking I am surprised they lasted this long.
Their story simply started out as a few models singing, dancing and entertaining together on late night TV entertainment show. Yet because of some very obvious selling points and strategic marketing by 'Pony Canyon', their label and of course with a very fluctuating and flexible line up because of the various models other commitments, they became a rather happy singing sensation. The Angels love them and to be honest, so did I but I can't tell you why. Perhaps it was just because the songs were simply happy, bouncy, fun songs that had a wide appeal. Having worked with them and knowing a side of some of them better and beyond the simple image portrayed by the media allows me to see more depth. Suddenly they are no longer just the voices in the media player but as real as friends you see most every week.

The Angels are the envy of their school friends because of the wonderful Mr Tengo, who again most graciously allowed the angels and I backstage to witness one of their last ever pre-concert readying.
The Concert was a sell out as have been all this last final tour of theirs. A lot of their fans must have made time to catch one of their final concerts.
I'd like to embed one of my favorite songs by the Muscats, called the honey trap.

0 comments :: All kinds of good things

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.