We opened again on time. As I watched the process I was worried that we would not meet the schedule and we would have disappointed customers for Tuesday evening. I should have morefaith in the planning. It all becomes complete in the time given. 
Hitomi took a night out from her busy schedule to come over and help. That demonstrates to me her wonderful and good character. I know her current project is intensive and we have been apart for almost two weeks, but here she was and in her work clothes to help with everything. I cannot describe my joy to see her. Even greater because her arrival was unannounced and unexpected.
The building alterations created a lot of dust and the cleaners had to spray to keep the dust levels down but somehow it leaked into my hair and mouth and out into the stairs and even seemingly up to our apartments!
Have been wanting to do my hair for a week but never had the time, finally made an appointment at 'Excel' my hairdresser for Saturday and Hitomi will get another free day on Sunday so we will spend that day together. There is this sense within me that a new season begins and I feel so well despite the bitterness of last June when my contract ended. I am a new person unencumbered by previous burdens and I feel like I can walk on clouds. I think I begin to realize the pressures I worked under and the things I did to relieve stress.
But I feel free now and even that starts to bring new responsibilities and perhaps the greater uncertainty for the future.
Hi Jazz, glad to hear your work is good and your girlfriend is with you, I envy you have so good friend:). It is good to work hard for your own family Jazz. I think you are not gonna be free the next few days especial on Sunday:(. Anyway, have a nice weekend with your girl and hope to see you soon, hug...!!!
Fiona
April 11, 2008 9:32 PMHitomi San has truly shown that she is a most true and reliable friend. Her love for you is unmistakable. She was there when you needed her most and the wonderful part is that she came to help unexpectedly. That is a real friend.
Jazz, you sound like you have been reborn. A new woman. Please dont worry too much or be too nervous about your restaurant. Its renovations and the early hiccups will be understood by your customers. If they love the food and the bright cheerful atmosphere they will always want to come back...and they will tell others too. I know you will make them welcome because you have a good heart.
Now, go and get your hair done. You will feel even more like a new woman. I am happy your heart is smiling. It means your face is smiling too.
I hope you and Hitomi San will have a great Sunday together.
Omedetougozaimasu. Genki de, ne!
Sashi
April 11, 2008 9:32 PM