My Day (a poem)


Early morning
dew glistens in the meadow
barefoot I run through you.
Blue butterfly
dance on gentle winds
smiling, I run after you.

Rising sun
Caress mornings lush beauty
Warmth wrapped in your arms.
The kiss
sunlight delicate on my cheek
moist dew butterfly wing soft.

Lilac evening
masquerade in twilight drapes
sheltered in shadow from chill.
Euphony dusk
laughter and music harmonise
sing me gentle lullabies

First stars
Twinkle of distant promise
lead on to romantic moon.
Soft darkness
cocooned in satin and silks
confined in the freedom of love.

Dedicated to Hitomi

2 comments :: My Day (a poem)

  1. Ah! Such romantic museings.
    What beautiful poetry.
    Such tender thoughts, such true love expressed from within a deep and silent gossamer world.

    I think you will love haiku. Do you?

    Otome futari
    Omoeba
    Koi yo Koi nari to
    Tsutaemu
    Shiroyuri no hana

  2. Thank you kindly
    Haiku, I think is the zen of poetry. When all unnecessary embellishments are removed, what remains is true essence. Perhaps it is not my favorite style but I can appreciate it, as I do your wonderful offering.
    The familiarity of your work is amusing (the inspiration) and beautifully composed, thank you.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.