The close of lonely days.

The Office has been a bit chaotic this week with much of the time being spent on research and correlation and confirmation as we prepare a fashion special that could have a potential boost for the sales campaigns of the clothing stores when we run it in August. Our readers will have "X" Yen to spend and they are going to want to know which store carries what. Of course price confirmation will be last minute addition to allow for modifications to their proposed sales drives, but in gathering this information you can bet that Miss Jazz gets her hands on desired clothes first! Tee Hee.
I had the great pleasure to meet Arimura Miki over in the photographer's studio and this girl is one seriously beautiful model who has done a lot of work for us regularly. I can also confirm that she is absolutely stunning prior to make up too. She will be one of the models for the full summer collection.
I had lunch with one of the studio photographers and I may take him up on his offer to visit his private portrait studio for staff discount and have some nice pictures taken.





This weekend marks the end of Hitomi's ten week tour and to say I've missed her is an understatement even if when she's away I make time to go visit her. Being apart is such heartache and in a way I think it can strengthen us. In my previous position I also traveled a lot and perhaps gave meaning to my screen name of tourist_gurl and so I know what it's like being away. Comparing the 'being away' and the 'being left at home' into balance, I would have to say that being the one left behind is the harder of the two. Being there is the experiencing of the new, exciting, meeting new people and seeing new places and presenting your work in a different location each time is such a breath-taking and adrenaline pumping experience and the time seems to pass by so quickly. But being left at home you live many of the same routines that you shared with your partner being there only this time you do them all alone and this tends to make time drag its feet like a lead boot diver beneath the viscous depths of the ocean.

When you are on the journey of course you should enjoy it even if it is lots of work, but to meet new people and to see new places is a terrific experience and you have to acknowledge that there is a balance between being there and missing that someone special in your life. There is no need to spend too much time on the phone or creating internet cafe emails in lunch times to demonstrate how much you miss someone, but an occasional communique is nice. Time apart gives you time to reflect upon the contribution in your life that the other makes and we should do that because without these assessments and reflections it is too easy to slip into taking someone for granted and missing out on many things that should be spoken between the two. It's also great to share the experiences later.

Of course one of the greatest feelings you can feel without resorting to the use of illegal drugs is the moments of reuniting after a prolonged absence. Moments you could die for and yet almost paradoxically moments that consolidate the reasons to live for. Ten weeks ago my dear friend Sashi San told me that the first four days of her tour would be the loneliest and the last four days would be the longest. He was right!

If you stop by my page often and don't see me here for a few days after this then it's not a difficult stretch of anyone's imagination to guess the reasons for my disappearance.

1 comments :: The close of lonely days.

  1. Dearest Jazz, Take your time and enjoy the moments. Talk to you on your return.

    Love,
    Ron

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.