
It must have been about 7 pm when I arrived home from work and the clouds gathered ominously overhead. I felt lucky to arrive home before the first drops fell and smiled victoriously to myself as if it was some notable achievement. I had a relaxing dinner with my brother and we discussed our respective days and then I went up to my apartment. By 9.30 I can say that the gentle rain had become a fierce rain. To any small creature out on the streets below, each drop must have exploded onto the ground like a volley of rockets. Fierce? I am amused that sometimes with give human emotions to inanimate things like an angry sky! By 10:30 Kaminari San rumbled across the night sky and voiced his troubles. When I was small I used to think it was clouds crashing into each other and perhaps the lightning was the sparks of scraping clouds. If we have a low cloud then even at night you can be aware of it with the reflected neons of the city but if the cloud is high then the night sky appears uniform black. The lightning came and for a brief moment it lights up the night sky and only then we become aware of the invisible clouds high up in the illuminated flash. I went to sleep and when I rise at 6:30 it still rains and still a distant thunder. An eight hour storm is incredible!
Two days ago I fell on the stairs taking out my trash. I landed on my chin which hurt more than just a little but my concern was that I had made quite a mess as my bag split open. I got my brush and swept
and pour into a new bag and then after I took that out I mopped the stairs with hot water and detergent. It was only after I had emptied the water away and was washing my hands and looking at my chin in the mirror that my foot began to hurt. I took off my sock slowly since by now it was very sore. My ankle is like a balloon. It's strange not only how my foot is hurt when I was thinking of my chin, but also how you don't always become aware of injuries at once on the time they occur. I had twenty minutes to clean up before my foot began to scream at me.I soaked it in cold water and made a tight bandage around it. Yesterday morning my doctor says nothing is broken and its just soft tissue injuries but put a proper compress bandage on it after a little laugh at my attempt. I should rest it for two days she says, with my foot elevated. She also gave me some painkillers that will also assist in reducing the swellings because when I do have to use the foot it causes very much pain to shoot up my leg. Already my purse has a few medicines in for other things, now more! Soon I will be the mobile pharmacy!
I consider myself a practical person and I have already mentioned that I made the bedroom of the fourth apartment into a mini gym for myself. But when I first started this it was being used just as an unorganized store with things that even belonged to my Mother. So I carefully arranged everything in the living area so everything can be accessed and we can walk with armfuls of dirty linens to the kitchen which has become our laundry room. But one of the things I found while I was tidying was a toolbox. It has probably sat there empty for several years and I don't know which of my brothers would want to claim it but I took it because it was a nice small size and I found it ideal for my purpose. So I moved it to my apartment and it found a home in coat closet ready for me to take if I travel some distance in my car.
Back to the laundry room:
Rina and I become aware that a leak is evident because a small pool of water seeps from under the washing machines. I have a normal washing machine in my kitchen but these are big and heavy ones designed to cope with the needs of a large restaurant, muc
h to heavy for me to move. So we told Hiro and he says he will look and fix the problem. He is very strong and can pull out the washing machine to see the pipes behind it. He had a look and decided that he needs a wrench.My apartment is opposite this storage apartment and his is further down the hall opposite the guest apartment. So Hiro goes to my apartment because it is closer and has brought the toolbox that he has noticed in my coat closet.
I don't use it to store tools!!!!!!!!
When he opened it he was slapping his forehead!
Later I will make up to him (ha ha ha)
Storms are getting longer and the patterns of weather are changing. These are worrying times and exciting times.
Sorry to hear about your ankle. A nurse purse eh? Every time we went dancing and you shake your booty I could hear those pills rattle around inside.
As for the toolbox, I'm sure they are the necessary tools of a lady.
Take care Jazz, I miss you.
Garth
May 30, 2008 2:54 AMDear Jazz, I had an uncle once who a very strange way of telling someone to get over pain. Once I had slammed my finger in the car door when I was a child, my uncle told me that he could help me with it. He asked me to go to the garage and get his hammer, once retrieving it for him he then instructed me to take off my shoe and put my foot and close my eyes, I asked why? He said once he bangs my toe with the hammer, I will forget all about my finger.
A lot of things are changing, a sign of the times? Prophecies coming true? A natural cycle in the weather? Who is to say, but I feel things are a bit more severe and globally climatic than they have been in the past. We have had for the last couple of years extreme changes in the weather here, a lot more rain than is normal, more tornadoes, milder winters, summers in the triple digits earlier than normal. Scientists battle over whether it is due to C02 emissions or just normal weather cycles and the religious look at the impact as a sign that the end is near. Who is to say, I just take it day by day and I wait to see.
Brothers, what else are they for Jazz? I mean if you cannot commandeer a simple tool box for more important items such personal embellishments? Anyway, brothers for the most part are forgiving of their sister's transgressions for the most part. At least you know what to get him for his birthday!
May peace be upon you as the storms of life rage all about.
Love,
Ron
Smiling Pig ©
June 01, 2008 12:26 AM