I had my hair brushed back so everyone could see that my head is back on normally and hardly any notice from the keyhole. A slight bump and sore if pressed but the skin is healed over and all that remains looks like a spot. The bone underneath is still knitting and I am due for a full examination at the end of the month. Last week my Doctor checked that I had no after effects like dizzy spells or shakes. That I had no memory problems or slurring in my speech and that my bodily co-ordination was OK. This week wasn't so bad at all really and I believe in myself and my strength once more. The frightened little girl has been lost behind walls of positive determination.
The week wasn't too bad with meetings and memo's to read to bring me up to date and the start of filling in my desk calendar with appointments. It looks strange to see several weeks of those pages blank. I was lucky to be asked to attend the organizing of a show over in Osaka, seemingly my destined place to be since I feel that I know this city as well as I know home. There was concern in the chief's eyes as she asked if I wanted the assignment but I agreed readily with enthusiasm. I want everything to be back to normal. I want to immerse myself with work. I want to say, "Hey! I'm back, don't miss me, just let me catch up", but of course this is perhaps me being foolhardy and wanting to make up for lost time to prove myself to the company once more.
The worlds heath organization (W.H.O.) now says this A(H1N1) virus (swine flu) is now officially a pandemic. Here in Japan most cases are in Osaka, a few here in Tokyo and isolated cases in a view few other locations.
At lunch on Wednesday, my friend Yoshi heard that I was doing a venue in Osaka and kindly brought me my face mask (Laughs)


The trip to Osaka was pleasant and I expected everything to run like clockwork (are there still clockwork things?). I arrived in time for the meteorology department to announce the start of the summer rain season and as I left the train station I got wet before I can get inside the taxi. Thankfully the hotel doorman had an umbrella to cover me as I left the taxi. It rained the whole two days I was there and the city streets were awash (pun intended) with colorful umbrellas!
The sports arena where the international kyokushinkai karate championships will be held at the end of the month was one of the settings for the open style show. The others were the Dojima hotel and the danceteria, a night club.
It's nice to sit in the sound booth watching everyone prepare. Jazz takes it easy you know!
Seriously I didn't have to do a great deal. I coordinated with others to make appointment time for our photojournalist and the models, interview some of the new faces offering interesting and outstanding designs this season and just write up an article on the opening night catwalk. Pretty easy and routine stuff!
I arrived home late on Friday night or to be precise, very early Saturday morning.
Thank you so much for the comments on my last blog, they were all very enlightening and I'm so very glad that some of you have ideas on this. This one has no controversy so there no need to say anything. (Laughs)
After Hitomi's dance class, she and I went to have eye lash extensions.
Link to Youtube eyelash extension information:
It was lovely to lie back and be pampered. The result is quite appealing and I like it very much.
It may look awful but it's really gentle (see her smile?) and so easy.
They are not outstandingly obvious like fake lashes but subtle and as you can see on the image below, it just makes my lashes seem thick with mascara but the truth is I have no eye make-up on at all!
She's not allowed to open her eyes until ten minutes after the process is complete. More than enough time to poke her in the ribs and laugh!
We are just so -so hot!






"Positive determination" sounds absolutely fantastic to me :) I am very glad that you are recovering with smile on your face and that you found yourself in this hard situation. It's good to back to normals life, duties and everything we know best - this is a place where we are not afraid and it makes us feel more confident. I'm happy to hear that. I would say "I told you!" because I tried make you sure that everything will be fine soon.
Your eyelashes look wonderful, very natural and gently - I like the final effect, it was good choice to do something like this :)
Hugs,
Ania
Ania
June 15, 2009 9:37 PM