A kiss is just a kiss

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.
Yes I was in the "Casablanca", only this 'Casablanca' was the nightclub in Shinjuku and I was doing my Zima thing again. We passed the Mars and Madame Singularity decided to go it alone and go show her face for the both of us and I continued on to the Casablanca. It took several presses of the bell before someone actually answered the intercom and buzzed me in. When she met me on the stairs she seemed to think that I was the new staff!
I explained that I was there for the Zima promotion and I was finally shown through to the back room where my Zima colleague was changing and having her face painted. I changed in the toilet since more people than those who walked through the train station seemed to be walking through that little room.



















Anzu was my colleague for the evening. She was quite a little chatter-box and remembers me quite well from a story I did about the Kyoto kimono show last year where we shared  some happy hours together. It seems the fundamental things apply as time goes by in this very small world of ours!

The Borgartesque  nightclub was very different from the beer garden of our last promotion and Anzu was a very different girl from Yoshie but with different characters and set in a different location didn't detract it all from the story being the same.
Play it again Sam!

2 comments :: A kiss is just a kiss

  1. But was it "the beginning of a beautiful friendship"?

  2. She and I have been loosely associated for perhaps over two years since our vocations are allied, hence the "small world" phrase I used. It was a nice surprise to actually be working 'with' her.
    I only have ONE beautiful friendship (wink)

    And when two lovers woo
    They still say, "I love you."
    On this you can rely
    No matter what the future brings
    As time goes by

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.