That sounds very intriguing doesn't it? It's actually a Swedish movie showing at the 'rise' and we thought that it may be quite stimulating for a lazy Sunday afternoon. It's a story about a strange detective partnership of a mid life crisis publisher and a young abused punk hacker who together, team up to find the answers to a cold case about a girl presumed murdered forty years ago. It's a really weird movie and we were drawn by the trailers and the fact that it was a big hit in Sweden and the book did very well at the publishing awards. I think what carries this movie are the strange relationships of the even stranger personalities of all the characters. If you like sophisticated plot twists in crime drama with an ending you would find hard to predict then this is a must see movie.
After leaving the theater we decided to have a drink at the Mars. We are fairly regular on Saturday nights and we have been known to drop by on other nights too but it was interesting to see the difference of the Sunday night crowd. It's strange how we can feel to be a part of the environment when it's our own familiar Saturday night and yet strangely Sunday seemed to me to be the mars of a parallel dimension. It was filled with such regularity and prosaic feelings and yet it had the aura of cool distance with foreign flavors. It felt like being in a duplicate copy of a lovely bar we once knew a thousand years ago. I knew perhaps ten faces in the crowd of seventy and I was at once uncomfortable when one of the faces I saw in the crowd was that of the girl with the piercing black eyes. I saw here there last time at the Christmas party, I don't know her and yet she's so awfully familiar in a 'past life' kind of way. We drank up and decided to go eat at the Thai restaurant instead.
On Monday morning Yoshi phoned me with some good news. There is another 'Zima night' this Saturday if I want it. I of course said yes I do. The venue is the Casablanca, which is a pretty good nightclub not far from me so travel will be fairly easy. There's also an upcoming shoot for the recreation hall campaign, dates to be confirmed later. I still worry about cramming all of my work schedules into condensed little time slots to allow me the time to do other things. I don't just mean this foray into advertising and promotions but also everything else I want and need to do.
I have my first medical check this Friday and I've cleared my morning schedule for that which of course has to be a priority for me. I have found myself becoming agitated and frustrated when I'm left waiting because I'm not allowing myself flexibility in my timing for the schedules of others, my own being so tight now. It really becomes a problem when Hitomi notices it and my moods are a little darker by the time I get home. It's easy to say leave our work mind with all its problems at the office but a lot of my work also happens at home. Oh for a little sanctuary! I have no right to complain about these matters when I've actively taken on a little more in my life but this extra vocation really is a money earner and a pleasurable experience and important variety from my usual routines. Perhaps everyone thinks the same thing about a new position and a new role. I'll wait on my final judgments until the time when I've see the claws unsheathed. I hope I'm scratch resistant!
There have been some serious things in my mind lately and there has to be changes made soon because I know what will happen. It's happened before when I let the stress get to me. I'm contemplating a week out in March and just go somewhere to relax. I am not revealing what things are in my mind at this moment other to say that I have some things that I feel I need to complete and I have some things that I think I could change to make my life a little more happier. I am also becoming aware of some problems and I think or hope that those matters need to be addressed soon starting this Friday.
I want to leave you with a lovely song and yes the video is a little lesbian iconic but I hope you can enjoy the feeling the music and images convey.
Sarah Brightman & Enigma: "Eden"


0 comments :: Shuriken
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.