It's been quite a busy week for me again with 'Miss Stress' working many many hours with her stage play (Mistress, you catch it? And the stress seems apt as well) and she's coming home absolutely drained and sits quietly in the corner after pouring herself something strong with ice. The play is moderately successful and I managed to see her on Tuesday evening since my schedule at our promotional stand was early on Monday and Tuesday and late for the rest of the week. She looks good up there and of course it reminds me of how I met her so many years ago.
On Thursday evening after we closed down the promotional stand and the boys came over to dismantle and remove it, Audrey, one of the girls working with me this week, and I decided to have a drink afterwards where we met up with a couple of the girls from the agency. They had decided to have a few drinks and then go watch the Japan and Denmark soccer game that was being shown at the sports bar at 3am. We decided to go with them.
Yes it's a crazy time to show it but I wasn't working on Friday and the other girls were working late the next day. The decision was also much easier to make considering the national importance of the event and the beer already in my system that so easily suspends all logic and reason. I got home quite happily at 6:30am and didn't wake until one in the afternoon but the soccer game was excellent. We beat Denmark by three goals to one to progress into the knock-out stage. 'Miss Stress' sleepily asked from beneath her duvet where I'd been until silly o'clock in the morning and that totally soured the milk at breakfast time.
During my attempt to get past the crowds of Soccer fans partying in the street (the game was re broadcast in the late morning) to get to the stores and find a nice gift for someone, Hitomi sent me a text saying that she can't take the week-end off after all and has to work it which means that she can't make it for Nanako's Birthday party that we'd both arranged to attend. Disappointedly I phoned Nanako and asked if I could come over alone on Friday night since Hitomi couldn't get time off. Nanako readily agreed and we made our plans.
I know what it's like to get a mood and so much bitterness spills out into the open from so many long past wounds. But sometimes the answer is just give a little space and then once the storm blows past seek once more to sail the calm seas. Nanako met me at the train station in Osaka and drove us up to her home. She cooked us a very pleasant meal which we enjoyed over relaxed conversation and somehow our conversation turned towards the tense feelings between Hitomi and I. Perhaps the wine and her soothing voice allowed me to open up and perhaps I said more than I should have before I realized that I should be quiet on some matters.
I went to bed and phoned my lover.
She didn't answer. I hate days like this!
On Saturday morning Nanako and I went shopping together and then by the afternoon her guests started arriving.
Happy Birthday Nana!



I was starting to wonder where you have been the whole week as you are not seen!
Congratulations to the Japanese football team for qualifying to the knock out stages. It's good seeing Asian teams performing well this time around even though South Korea failed to qualify for the Quarter finals earlier today, but they played well and now our only hopes are with Japan and hope they will play a good game against Paraguay and win! it's nice seeing all the celebrations happening in your country. Let's go Samurai blues!
And Happy belated birthday to your friend Nana!
Have a pleasant Weekend.
Andrew
June 27, 2010 4:54 AMI hope that you and Hitomi have made up,Momo.
Nanako seems to have a very long forefinger in that photo!
Don't mention the football.
Unknown
June 28, 2010 12:34 PM