The rain has been relentless and coming in from the North East, it has been bitter cold too. It was the sad kind of rain where you find yourself putting the cat out in the alley to look for Audrey Hepburn.
Cat! Cat! Oh, Cat... ohh...
I've been busy with work and I've also had a couple of shoots that have really please me. Pleased not only in the presentation but also the experience and the positive feedback that I've had. One can feel really giddy with elation sometimes, an emotion I would surely bottle and sell if I could.
I've also been hitting the stores for my new additional winter clothes range. It is advantageous in my line of work that I get to know what's hot, what's where and all the best deals in town. Since I also buy my own clothes for the majority of my shoots this becomes even more advantageous.
I have not yet received my usual sample set because this was an outside contract. I do however have a couple of courtesy images and have put them here.
The depression that brings in the rain, I think can cause low moods in people. I have read about S.A.D (Seasonal affective disorder) and I'm not really sure that I put a lot of faith into it. Of course it's presented by experts and more educated people than I but despite all that, I can only console myself to this idea is I see that it is merely a trigger to a deeper rooted problem. Then again, that's perhaps a fair statement for so many things in life. The rain has become synonymous with sad, tragic and heartbreaking moments. You see the rain scene used extensively for such mood setting in movies.
My frustrations or sad considerations at this time (and it isn't raining as I write this) is that I've had to increase the strength of my medication and will have to endure another full set of scans in January. I keep smiling though, what more can this world do to me? Perhaps I should try amalgamating my pleasure and pains.
January seems to be the whispered rumor date for more changes at the office.
To hell with speculations! I'll wait until I know something definite!
I hate having the reds!
Do I mean the blues?
No, it's not blue or a deep blue something...
No! The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?


Hitomi has bought a new professional folding camera.
She likes it because it adds what she calls "True, unadulterated real photography" in her hands.
She loves being on both side of the lens. Together we play at being photographers. Together we are! We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other. It's just love that makes it appear this way.
Yes it works with 'roll film' but the prints or negatives are easy to scan and digitize and she can see them on her computer or notepad or DVD player. She says that she loves to work with film and is toying with the idea of having her own darkroom in the storage apartment across from us. The kitchen is used as the linens wash room. The living room is full of boxes and cases full of yesterday's memories. The bedroom I made into a gym, which leaves the bathroom. She said that's small and ideal.
We'll have to see! She'll probably get taken across to the zoo and fed to the yak!
And I said what about "Breakfast at Tiffany's?"
She said, "I think I remember the film."
She said, "I think I remember the film."







Lovely photos, Momo! Thanks for the Breakfast At Tiffany's quotes - what a great movie!
Simon B
November 14, 2010 9:40 AMThanks very much Simon.
Once I have my sample set I'll put more in my on-line album.
We have recently bought the DVD and we totally love it and well done you spotting the quotes! (There is also a Breakfast at Tiffany's song lyric there by Deep blue something.)
It's a little game I play quite often inserting some references and allusions. The direct quotes are open and obvious but I also use levels of interpretation.
Perhaps significant only to me (I don't know)
Anyway....
It's useful being top banana in the shock department!
Holly Golightly: What do you do, anyway?
Paul Varjak: I'm a writer, I guess.
Holly Golightly: You guess? Don't you know?
Paul Varjak: OK, positive statement. Ringing affirmative. I'm a writer.
Momo
November 14, 2010 8:29 PMInteresting to see Hitomi with a large folding camera - I thought they stopped making/using those over 50 years ago. She'll be able to get big enlargements from the roll film. Good luck if you decide to make a darkroom - I never did enjoy working in a darkroom. In a darkened room it was rather embarassingly too easy to touch someone accidentally on an inapproriate part of the body. I never did get a kick out of seeing the black and white prints develop in trays full of nasty chemicals. Trying to get the correct exposure and contrast under the enlarger was another pain; thank goodness for Photoshop!
There's been plenty of rain and wintry weather too in the Uk, with parts of Cornwall being flooded this last week.
P.H.Chan
November 21, 2010 11:58 AM