When you think you know

I sometimes wonder how much of anyone another person can understand.
I'm sure that we can all invest an enormous amount of time and energy in getting to know someone as well as we can but how close is that? We can perhaps convince ourselves that we know someone better than anyone. I would be the first to say that I know my girlfriend Hitomi, better than anyone else, perhaps even her family. I dare say she could say the same about me since our loving relationship is based on honesty and open communication.
What about here on the net and the people we chat with or who's exploits and life we read about in blogs and net diaries for example?
I write (or at least I did) fairly profusely about my life and the things that passed across my little mind. Perhaps then you, a regular reader, may say that you know me fairly well.

I have a very sweet on-line friend who has recently visited and stayed with us. I thought I knew her quite from the chats that we have had together but I think I was surprised after knowing her in real life.
No names as per her request but I feel strongly moved to say that never have I met someone who made 'coy' look so cute. She was an absolute pleasure to have as our guest and when we took her out to the Mars bar, a women only club, she quite surprised me by the way that she blended in, enjoyed herself tremendously and made a very good friend who spoke quite reasonable English.
She only gave me one area of concern and that was that she went to stay with another friend of hers in Kyoto for three days by herself and I felt a little helpless at her insistence since I had promised her father that I would be responsible for her and look after her. However it went without a hitch!
She got home safely after we put her on the airplane and she then called us from home some 17 hours later.
Lovely!
Well life goes back to normal and I am back at work.
More soon.

1 comments :: When you think you know

  1. One of your readers is here ;)

    Sometimes I feel that I don't know dearest people to my heart and sometimes I even doubt I know myself well. Human maind is an endless map and unfortunatelly we don't have a key to this map. We will probably discover this map until we die and it won't be complited yet.

    In the other hand it's fascinating, don't you think?
    And a bit scary too!

    I'm glad to hear that your on-line friend has become your friend in real world. I've got only Aurelia who is my friend in real world and our relation started in the Internet - there was a moment of confrontation of my image about her based on our chatting and the reality but everything ended well so I wish you the same. Every friendship is precious, no matter how it starts ;)

    Take care sis.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.