It is with my eyes of innocent wonder that I regard water change from liquid to solid. I snuggle deeper into my wrap and pick some of the very first snow from where it has begun to settle. I hold the cold fragile mass in my hands and even touch it to my tongue. A cold shivery delight!
I have been down in Hiroshima working on a large project that I think will be my last for my present company.
I have for some time not been at my best with my thoughts in many seemingly many other places. My health took a down turn in the October of last year and is only now becoming more manageable. My new medication and treatment has certainly seen an improvement and I feel that I am able to give more of myself now that I feel this way again. The changes at work that I have mentioned on several occasions and the worries that I have had regarding my health has prompted be to do three things that will bring a few changes. For now I will speak only of one.One of the things that I have done is to resign my contract from my office. I was more than willing to accommodate whatever changes were happening but I feel that when I said as much I was not aware of the complete picture. I have had a meeting with my section editor and stated quite clearly that I really can't see myself fitting into to the planned changes and the new scheme of things with a great degree of efficiency. I have therefore and rather reluctantly resigned from my position as from February 12th this year.
So what to do?
Well I have two offers on my table and that is a very rare thing. Having at least one option is good because no one likes to be out in the cold. Having two offers and both are good in their own different ways has me deep in consideration and trusting that time (which I don't have a lot of) will guide me to make the right decision.
Since my future direction is undetermined I won't reveal anything more about either just yet.
I would like to say a warm and sincere thank you to everyone at my present company and I will miss being a part of a wonderful team. My seniors gave excellent leadership and offered me great counsel which has allowed my own skills to improve during my time with them. They have been understanding and sympathetic and helpful when I have suffered problems. You may wonder then why I would leave such a fantastic company. There are several reasons really and all things must change. Mine are mostly personal but it is better for me to do so at this time. I made great effort to convince myself and my editor, Hana, that I was doing the right thing.So here I am in Hiroshima and far far away from home and finding a moment to open my blog once more.
It seems that I have had so much to do in real life that this blogging side of me has had to be left to one side unfortunately. I look at how prolific I was and now at how sparse it has become.
I still like to blog and so I won't lose this part of me. I think I may have time to do more in the future.
I hope you didn't miss me too much!
Do you like my new hair? I am ginger.

Good luck for the future Momo. It's ok to take it slow if you're not feeling too well.
P.H.Chan
January 22, 2011 11:48 AM