I lost my reading glasses somewhere on the way home from the school book depository building and running into the theater. This of course was the evening when Hitomi invited a couple of girl friends over for a game of cards and enjoy a few drinks and a relaxing trip into the valley of the dolls. We all fell asleep as we talked of the dreams we'd had.
Dolls are the theme.
When I was a girl, I mean when I was a small girl... okay, I am a girl and I am small! What I mean is when I was a very young girl, I had a doll. I had a couple of dolls actually like most girls do. In Europe and America most people know about the plastic fantastic Barbie. We have our own version and she's called Licca Chan and I had my very own little Licca (I can't wait for all of the lesbian jokes on that one.)
The manufacturers, takaratomy, have sold over fifty five million of these dolls since their inception in 1967. Just like any celebrity, we all want the in-depth knowledge and behind the scenes information on our little darling Licca.
Her biography reads something like her age is 11 and in the doll world, this can remain a constant. On May 3rd, 1967 Licca chan was born to Orie Kayama, a Japanese fashion designer, and Pierre Miramonde, a French musician. Her blood type is "O" and she attends Shirakaba Elementary School and the names of her best friends are Isamu and Izumi. Takeru is her ex-boyfriend who still has the eye for her but her present love interest is Len-kun. She has twin siblings, Miki and Maki, as well as several other relatives. She also once had an older sister named Rie, an air stewardess but she mysteriously vanished in 1974 when the aircraft she was on flew over the devil's sea (魔の海, Ma no Umi), never to be seen again.She loves dogs and eating vanilla ice cream and is a fan of Doraemon. Allegedly she also cross-dresses in her role playing activity but we won't delve into what must be her very strange private activities (since she is 11). I still love her because she is quite the fashionista in her unique way.
As you can imagine there are many versions of her, she comes as a race queen, a schoolgirl, an ice skater and a pregnant Licca, this was in honor of the birth of Aiko, the daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako.
She has all kinds of merchandise and I get to help promote it all. This week and next week I'm in the Seibu department store over in Yurakucho near Tokyo train station for a Licca promotion.

0 comments :: My little dolls
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.