I had to ask!
"When your Father comes back and gets a home again would you want to go and live with him?"
"Can you live with him again?" Sumomo asked.
I shook my head, smiled and said no, I'll grow old with Hitomi.
Rikochan came to sit by me and said she was staying with Hitomi and I both forever.
I cuddled her and although I don't mind if she stays with us all our lives, I certainly hope that one day she'll find her own way in life and more importantly, find someone special with whom to share her life. We looked across to Sumomo and she smiled at us and agreed to stay here with us too but she wanted to see Papa every week. I don't think that every week will be possible or even preferable for either party but all that can be decided in two and a half more years' time. A lot can change between now and then.
The angels then asked that since Hitomi and I are Fathers as well as Mothers (I think I understood her logic) could they make the Father's Day evening meal?
Hitomi and I both smiled and we agreed. The Angels got busy in the kitchen wearing their cute little matching aprons. I stood up just once during their preparations intending to have a peek at what they were doing but Hitomi complained and so I sat down again with my book. Sumomo eventually came through and asked me for some money for the bakers shop. I gave her some money and asked if she'd be taking Riko along with her. Sumomo said no because she was cutting cucumbers and also on kitchen guard duty so that I wouldn't peek. I don't know what they must think of me! I would never dream of peeking into my kitchen to see what they were about. However it made Hitomi laugh and I just glared at her - with both eyes!
The bakers shop is just around the corner but Sumomo had to wear her waterproofs, boots and she took her umbrella because it was a continual downpour outside.
When the girls had finished, they presented us with a beautiful Pasta salad and a tray of Chocolate chipped melon bread buns.
"Why are there six buns and four people eating?" I asked.
I was expecting some kind of answer involving mathematical division and fractions but instead Sumomo offered that there were two each for both Hitomi and I and she and her sister would be having one each. I was about to offer the two each for the children instead and one each for the adults when Riko added, "We both already ate one in the kitchen, yum yum!"
We laughed as she licked her lips.
I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with their efforts and while a little stunned, Hitomi congratulated them both. I too added my appreciation. My babies grow confident in the kitchen and I am very very proud of them both. After our delicious meal, I took the plates away and I was also very happy to find that they'd not made the kitchen into a messy disaster zone. While I washed the dishes Hitomi came through to help a little and also to raid the fridge for sweet desserts.
On Monday I was at Sheary Bijou for a modeling session.
I so love that supplier, they have too many cute things.
In fact Sheary Bijou have so many wonderful items that I intended to buy a few items after the session and to my surprise, I was even allowed to have a couple of the sample items completely free after we finished. I love you guys, really!
I sat and had my hair done with a couple of other girls while the director and the photographer discussed the schedule and the program with us so that we all knew what was happening.
One of the funnier parts of the shoot was that they asked me to stand with my side to them and they took a few shots with side profile and then when they said 'now' I had to turn my head quickly to look at them and have my hair bounce a little. The motor drive would run and they'd get several shots. Then it was next hair accessory. It's important to get the product as the focal point of the image. The girls and I are just background really.
Bijou: A jewel, something small, delicate, and exquisitely wrought, small desired beautiful things.






0 comments :: Angels and Bijou
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.