Nia Miss

I am pretty sure that the hands of the clock these last couple of weeks have worn racing colors and time has raced by my lifetime as if it was lightning and I was hardly aware of the storm. The Doppler shift from blue to red has me play the tortoise with a hare that lost her script. I have had occasion to go into the office in Shinjuku twice this last week and I have been happy at the workload that I've received. The substantial bulk of it I can complete at home and so I can take a moment here and there to tend other matters if and when they arise. The odd office attendance was really only for a meeting and one discussion with the manager.

Hitomi and I talked last night when she fancied going to the mars tonight and I told her that she should go and I'd stay home with the children. My answer was almost automatic and when I'd said it I realized that I have suddenly become aware of just how much our lives have changed over these last six months. Since the angels came to live with us, Hitomi and I are no longer two single, almost carefree girls living together and enjoying the fruits of such status. We are now a family and in being so it comes with a much greater set of responsibilities. I know that probably sounds a little ominous as if the happy times came to a sudden end but I wouldn't change a single thing. The happiness just comes in other ways and I have such contentment now knowing and living a life that seems ironically just and true. The Angels are where they should have been all along. They are happy, content and I enjoy such wonderful, euphoric feelings in being witness to my children's growth and their achievements as they come one by one. Asking Rina to baby-sit on a Saturday night so we can occasionally visit the Mars rather than just getting ready and going there almost every Saturday night is just one such example that any of my readers with young families will at once be familiar. The companionship, the news, the drinks, the laughter and the complete social environment of the Mars is not lost to me and I totally enjoy sharing an evening with the angels.
The annoying thing is that resignation in her voice as she tells me that she won't bother going to the mars if I don't go.
"Please go, enjoy yourself and give my regards to our friends," I tell her.
She screws up her face which I'm sure may hide a disappointed look and she shakes her head in the negative, "It's just not the same without you."
I step forward and hold her in my arms. I understand the loss that she feels of how we used to be and I understand her loyalty to me and my embrace is in a way thanking her just for that.
"I love you my silly plum and you work hard, I think it's important that you have some 'you time', take a moment to breathe out completely and let down your hair, go have a drink, have some fun and when you get home, I'll be here waiting!" I said with a wicked smile and a glint in my eye.
She smiled at that which eased the air.
"Besides, I'll have the ironing to do, the dinner plates to clean, turn up Sumomo's new school trousers and catch 'Murder at Mount Fuji' on TV Asahi."
"You sound like my Mother!" she said in what I perceived as a worrying tone.
I nodded my head and took it as a compliment, put the kettle on and offered her some tea.

That sexy little red corset that I ordered from the net came the day after I posted about it here in my blog and I was very happy with how it fit me. I don't like to order much of anything like this intimate garment because I much prefer trying clothes on especially when you have a size like mine. I ordered the small which is my size but very rarely will a small sized item have room for a larger than average size bust. Luckily with all the lace up I can expect a lot of lee-way.
Hitomi and Nia absolutely adored it when they came back from the studios on Wednesday evening and I tried it on for them. Nia had been up at the studios for her beauty shoot and in one of her sets she wore the white cross over which I so very much liked and I wouldn't mind procuring it for my very own small and personal collection. I've put a few samples of Nia's fantastic work in a small album on my keep and share page, please look for the album entitled "So Nia."
Nia came as part of the small team with Hitomi and me to Guggenheim early on Friday morning. Hitomi has been coaching her with her photography skills and Nia seems to be a star student. She directed and photographed my 'woman in red' set with only the occasional pointers or advice from Hitomi. As soon as we arrived and carried the two trunks of equipment and the trunk of clothes up to the house from the car park I was exploring the beautiful old house. Hitomi took several shots of me around the house while Nia looked on and asked questions and then Hitomi asked Nia to emulate and shoot her around the house in more or less the same manner. While they did that I pulled out the wedding gown and touched it up a little with our travel iron and then Hitomi helped me to dress, Nia did my makeup and then Hitomi urged me into my bridal set. Again I've put some samples up on my page in the album 'Wedding Belle.' I hope you like them.


I have at last finally finished my book, 'the girl who kicked the hornets' nest', the third in Stieg Larsson's Millennium series where the intriguing Lisbeth Salander, with the help of Blomkvist, her lawyer Anna who is also an active women's rights campaigner and she is also Blomkvist's sister together with some real security police and some of her hacker friends, manage to find justice in the courtroom against a secret and illegal department inside Sapo, Sweden's security police service that have conspired against her all these years.
The book was totally engaging and I found myself missing sleep on a few nights because I wanted to read just one more chapter. I find Larsson's style of writing very similar to Keigo Higashino if anyone is familiar with him and his world famous mystery novels.
After finishing the superb and richly described novel filled with an array of intertwining and parallel running sub-plots, I went online to look for the movie information and then finding a fairly watchable offering here, I sat and watched it while the children slept and Hitomi worked on her laptop saying that she'll get the Japanese language sub-titled version later. Again I must say that I found the movie rushing through the main plot of the story like a water skier crossing a deep lake to bring it all together in a limited time frame. The book has over 730 pages whilst the movie has to cram the plot into 140 minutes. In fact I am surprised at how much is missing from the movie and yet it can just about hold the continuity and the main theme of the tale all together with a very shallow offering.
Having started with the two movies (Swedish and Hollywood versions) of 'the Girl with the Dragon tattoo' (the first in the series), I'd like you to know that I am now half way through the book and again, the book has more depth and a completely richer tapestry combining such threads into a masterpiece of a story.

0 comments :: Nia Miss

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.