On the final Sunday I came in again for the last couple of hours and as I talked with Hitomi I had to congratulate her on such a success and that with work making us strangers for this week I wanted her to come and drink and eat with me before we went home. She had a couple of 'finishing-up' excuses but Nia, who has been a mainstay of organisation told Hitomi to let her and the team do it. Reluctantly Hitomi agreed and we both thanked Nia for her awesome dedication. Of course Nia had already organised for a team to clear up once the official end came and we had all left. Nia was not going to miss the party she'd almost single-handedly organized. At 5:50 Sunday evening I called down to Hitomi on the gallery floor from the stairs. I couldn't get a telephone reception in there. I made sure all was ready by phoning Nia. It was. Hitomi said her goodbyes and we took a taxi down into Sumida. Hitomi sat next to me chatting on the phone to her colleague back at the gallery while I openly texted Nia to ask if her team was ready and to let us know if she needed any help. I know Hitomi could see what I was writing but it was all code really to tell Nia that we were arriving at the restaurant. When we entered the ground floor bar it was not too full of people and we had a quick drink at the bar while the tables upstairs were being readied the hostess told us.
"Oh you booked us a table?" Hitomi asked me.
"Of course, I am hungry and I bet you are too", I reply looking at my watch, "it looks like we a bit early so our table not ready yet I am guessing."
She nodded.
Once she went to the wash-room to freshen up and I sized my chance. I too wanted to use the facilities and even more so because of my excitement. I told the hostess to tell Hitomi once she came back to the bar that I'd gone up because the table was ready. I dashed up the stairs and told Nia to expect her in two minutes. The room was full of her friends and the organisers all in hushed tones. I sat on the pillow nearest the stairs and I raised my hand when she started coming up the stairs. It was privately booked for this event so only Hitomi would be coming once now that I'd arrived.Up she came and as soon as she entered (laughs), she was so surprised.
She was flabbergasted!
Everyone cheered and toasted her good health and Nia brought her a drink. I think she needed that!
Oh it was such a wonderful moment. Later she asked how I'd managed to do this because I was so busy and didn't know most people here and how come she had no clue at all. I laughed and told her it wasn't me. Hitomi herself likes to surprise me on occasions but this was mainly Nia's doing. Again we both had to thank Nia for helping so much to make not only a successful week but also to adding this icing on a cake.
Is she close to being perfect? She's Nia enough!


0 comments :: Nia enough
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.