Good Morning World

You awake suddenly and seemingly for no reason. It's dark and moving lights from outside cast strange shadows upon your walls and ceiling that walk from one side of the room to the other. Your senses become hyper active as you peek across the room looking for something out of place. Your ears strain to hear that unknown person creeping close. Your heart beats so loudly that you fear others will hear it.
And then slowly... as the climax comes...

The alarm radio suddenly sounds and makes you jump!
Do you ever have a morning like that?
By the time you have cleaned your teeth and removed your hair ties and boiled some water for tea and run a nice bubble bath and have your morning stretch and then the sun shines through the windows and it takes away those fearful shadows. Where do those monsters hide when the daylight comes?

As invited, I went to the Photographic studios on Thursday and met my colleague there. His studio was very nice and almost as well equipped as the ones we use downstairs below our office for some of the magazines content. Cameras and lights and backdrops and cosmetic area and even a small wardrobe, I was very impressed. I had a look at some of his examples. Then he had me sit and took few and then standing and then he asked if I'd like to have some outdoor shots and I said yes that would be fine. But I had to make another appointment for that one next week. I also asked if he'd take some of my friend and I together. I can see his business head counting up the money and my discount coming to an end Tee Hee!

I installed Blogger's new Blog Friends feature to replace my link to my blog friends. We now see snippets of their content as well as linking in. Cool!



Over the last ten years magazine sales have been in a steady decline. It is perhaps the same amount of years that a lot of free information is available by the internet. JJ aims itself at a target audience of office girls and students and if you were to analyse the content you would say that it is predominantly a consumer guide. We show the budget conscious audience the best deals and what's hot as well as a whole host of other information. Perhaps also the decline in the spending power recently as prices on many essentials are rising globally is also a major factor. Not only do they cut back on magazine costs but they don't even have the money for fashion and beauty consumables.
Not true!
The genre of Ladies fashions above all other categories are holding their own in this non growth but stable sales. To make us all feel good, last month the entire office staff received a small thank you bonus because for the first time in five years, the sales figures of JJ surpassed our two main rivals, Ray and Can Cam.
I know I choose my clothes from what I see advertised and I think many other girls are just like me. It's great to actually see how the clothes mix and match with those little more luxury end hairstyles and accessories. When you see them coming together in the various permutations rather than try to imagine them then I think this is that personal touch and intimate guide.
I think for males then the best selling magazines will be sports and motors.

Do you buy a magazine?
If so is it regular?
Does the cover attract you?
Do the regular features attract you?
What would you look for in a magazine?
.

5 comments :: Good Morning World

  1. Haha, I get that feeling all the time...when the alarm clock just rings at either an good part or worst part of a dream. In the end I usually end up wondering what dream I just had. As for magazines...I rely too much on the internet I don't really like looking at magazines but I think electronics that has something to do with computers would be good ^.^ By the way sorry I didn't leave a name last time.

  2. Yes, we read magazies, but not the ones devoted to current lifestyles. We read National Geographic, Discover and Smithsonian. I do a lot of my reading when we're volunteering at the hospital. It's usually quiet and only a few interruptions.

    skip

  3. I occasionally buy photo and computer magazines to keep up to date with the latest technology. Also to learn new techniques and to enter the competitions.

  4. The place I'm staying does not have access to Chinese magazines which I prefer reading rather than English ones. So as time moved on, the thought of reading magazines has gradually disappeared. Fortunately, there is usually a leisure magazine attached to the local newspaper I buy each day, offering me the only chance of reading a magazine.

    The leisure magazine consists of a wide range of topics. But the column that interests me most is the one introducing the newest technologies/gadgets, real life experiences and health and exercise related topics.

    I hardly wake up before my alarm clock goes off!!

    Wishing you a happy and pleasant week.

    Tigger

  5. Dear Jazz, Enjoyed your post very much as I always do. But please do not use the word climax around a man who has been celibate for the past 8 years. Just teasing.

    As for those nights you wake to see the nocturnal shadow dance, yes I have been there many times. And I suspect there are many times more to come. And just where do those monsters go when the sun chases the away? Good question, I have looked in every nook and cranny around the house and have yet to find them, but in the back mind I hear the strangest giggling sound all the while I am looking.

    Magazines, yes I read anything with print, books, magazines, labels, if it has print I am going to read it. As for a mainstay in regualr tabloid reading, the morning newspaper and the monthly issue of National Geographic.

    Stay Sweet Jazz...

    Love,
    Ron

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.