The wonderful people who brought you body language now offer you sleeping positions and what it says about you.
- Foetus
Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. This is the most common sleeping position. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.- Log
Lying on your side with both arms down by your side. These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible.- Yearner
People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.- Soldier
Lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards.- Free-fall
Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, and your head turned to one side. Often gregarious and brash people, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don't like criticism, or extreme situations.- Starfish
Lying on your back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the centre of attention.I used to love curling up like the 'foetus' position when I was smaller but recently I'm long tall Sally and in a straight line, like a needle or in this description, a log. I think the log describes me fairly well, but I am careful of strangers and I don't think I am gullible normally, but sometimes I can be. I think there is a saying to mean a good night's sleep that says "Slept like a log!"
Hitomi likes to sleep on her tummy so I guess she's 'free-fall' and no parachute. She says someone told her that sleeping on your tummy lowers your blood pressure. I wish someone had told me of this years ago when I was living in stress city. It says free-fall sleepers are gregarious and brash? That sounds like most people in the performing arts.Sometimes she will talk in her sleep too. Although the last and rare time I heard her it's was just a line from her 'Kobo Ake's, Kangaroo Notebook' script and then she'll be talking to a phantom from her dream.
I like to have seven hours sleep if I can and if I cannot, then I might nap during the day in a corner somewhere. I find it easy to just close my eyes and switch off. Hitomi says five or six hours are enough for her, but if she doesn't get it, she'll be Miss Grumpy all day unless I can convince her to come for a short nap with me.
Both of us can remember our dreams well and we might talk about them over breakfast. She likes to think she can interpret dreams and what she says sounds sensible most of the time but I don't honestly think that there is a standard key to the symbols we have in dreams. If I dreamed of food on Sunday, it might have been because I helped out in the kitchens Sunday evening. If I dream of food last night it might be because I was hungry.
Our bedroom is also a place where we might just go for the quiet of an evening and we'll both read or watch a DVD or we might just cuddle and chat about something. There are some topics that I think a couple can talk about much easier if they are close together and the lighting is subdued. It makes the ambience more receptive and lessens the inhibitions.
Okay! I'm a "log" and I'm sensitive about some things!!!
So! What position do you find yourself sleeping in?
Hitomi got us tickets to see "Me and my Girl" at the Takarazuka theater this Saturday. Despite the smiles and the intriguing title, it's not about 'us' or girls like us, its a musical about a group of people who travel to meet a long lost heir to a title and he is not quite what we would expect.
Next Monday I am in the hospital for a minor little thing and I don't expect to be online for a week, so don't worry if you don't see me. If any noteworthy news arrives like they find my sanity, then I'm sure my lil' sister, April will inform the world of such a spectacular event!ME AND MY GIRL
Interesting: In the last 48 hours I have had 21 visitors on 17 different IP's (16 from Germany, 2 from Italy, 1 from Austria, 1 from Chile and 1 from UK ) who all found my Tourist_gurl Blog through Google. And they still keep coming. There must be some renewed interest in him.
I will also say "Hi" to my regular visitor from the Philippines on 'bti' who visits my sister April, me and then Ron' blogs: Say 'Hi' back sometime if you will..





Yes, the description of the log suits you. I sleep in the foetal position and that deption fits me too. What if you slept upside down like a bat ?
Good luck with your stay in hospital.
quietman
June 28, 2008 6:36 AMi'm sleep in Foetus position, it's really impressive to read ur blog, especially it's all written in english.. i put ur link at my blog, lastly u a real cutie..
Ning ja
August 15, 2008 5:54 AM