Strange Dream

I emerge from the cover of the forest trees into an open meadow. Across the meadow I see a ridge rising gently to the left and the right but directly in front the ridge has a natural break and I see the woodlands beyond. I walk towards the break when I see soldiers mounted on horses coming through towards me. I feel that I am their target and I run to my right and up on the steep incline of the ridge. I feel such cavalry cannot pursue me up such a steep slope with perilously uneven ground and a tree line running along the top. I reach it quickly and run along the peak feeling safe from the horses and soldiers. In the valley on the other side from the cavalry I see a lone warrior running parallel to me.
Even at the distance where I look down on him in the valley below me, I see him clearly and I feel as if I should know him as if I have seen him somewhere before and my memory hides the fact. If I pause behind a tree, he pauses and starts to climb towards me and so I run again.
Eventually I come to a wide rushing river and I can run no further. I turn to face my pursuer who walks towards me with a blade drawn. I have no weapon with which to attempt to defend myself.
I wake up!
This has become a recurring dream and I have dreamed this same dream at least four times in the last few weeks.


Today I shall light some small paper lanterns to honor those that fell on this day sixty four years ago. Let us all hope this horror never befalls any people anywhere ever again. One hundred and thirty thousand people suddenly ceased to be. Our hope is that we can all move forward in cooperation, tolerance and peace and yet each day seems to bring us more news of conflicts, violence, suicide bombings, assassinations and other atrocities.
It appears that we have made no progress and some of us continue to prey on each other often over worthless and irrelevant differences.
We want peace and security and Japan continues to say "no" to nuclear weapons on its soil. We look across the waters to North Korea and wonder why they need to have them. Is it a status symbol? A status of what I wonder.
The money they spent on such things could have given a better living to many of its people.
I congratulate Mr Clinton for his efforts there in these last days.

2 comments :: Strange Dream

  1. The next time you have that dream, you should jump in the river just like Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid did in the film.

    It's important that we do not forget those who died in wars and the use of atomic bombs. Their destructive power is just unimaginable.

  2. Dream... It's like a secret message given in magical way by... Ourselves! I truly believe that dreams have deep meaning and we should treat them like enigmas and try to discover those hidden voices of our subconsciousness. How? I wish I could know that! I don't believe in anythign written in dream-books because every single dream is very individual and unique - there is no general recipe for meaning of dreams. When I have recurring dream I treat is as "come on, do something!" and I try find out a meaning much more fervently.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.