From behind his wide redwood desk he looked at me over his ultra slim spectacles. My letter of resignation was on his desk and the five minutes that he had afforded me had been an attempt at understanding my reluctant reasons and then words were spoken of a conciliatory nature. Unfortunately at this time there are words I do not want to say or facts that I do not want revealed and yet even without this he sensed something. The meeting was nothing like any expectations of mine and although it was formal it was not rigidly so and it felt very relaxed. Finally he spoke briefly with his assistant and my section editor and instead of the finalization that I had expected, a counter proposal was offered and so surprising and unexpected it was that I have asked for time to think about it. Until I return next week with my answer my letter remains static and idle.
One of the things I have always liked to witness is the fashion designers sketching of concepts. Their inspiration can come from anywhere, movies, books, events, picture collections and recycled ideas from the past with new twists. Successful sketches move into the development of pattern and fabrics and then the cut to make the samples. Once you have a 'working model' you have the review meeting regarding mass producing of the item with suppliers and producers and an overall 'costs assessment' is given. This is considered along with current and predicted future trends and even consideration if it will fit in with current company images and lines. I have seen one or two nice looking designs not make it past these reviews and no doubt at some time in the future the idea may be recycled.
Textiles are chosen and pattern makers make up specification sheets for space and stitching and the graders make the marker makers to limit material wastage. It goes on and on but Jazzy girl actually got into the samples room to try something pretty in pink.
My thanks have to go to Mizuki, one of our super staff photographers for some helpful direction and for wasting a few exposures with yours truly as a model. A cute summer bunny beach wear gets to see limited fame even if it's only on my own page! (Laughs)
I knew I was in the wrong vocation!
Instead of sweating over a well worn keyboard and trying to say the right things I could be standing and posing and looking good, trying to sell you the idea that you want this product instead!
If ever there was a Japanese version of "America's next top model", you could guarantee that I would not get past the first episode! I can write emotions but I only have a limited number of imitated poses - check this image - pose one is drawing one and pose two is supposed to be drawing four! But like anyone else I can dream for a moment and then fall into my comfortable slot of things that I can do rather than dream of the things things that I cannot!



Your picture makes me want to go out and buy it and I bet they don't even have my size!
You'll always be a model in my eyes Jazz, a role model. I see you as a positive person, respectful, confident, thoughtful, hard working, charismatic, loyal and trustworthy.
Now I said this I'm going to comment as anonymous.
Anonymous
August 02, 2009 12:24 AMLooks like you're a frustrated bunny girl.:)
quietman
August 02, 2009 12:31 PMThanks you adorable vampire! If you are going to be anonymous you must hide your IP address with a false proxy (wink!)
Thank you for your commentand compliment. If you can see that in me then I shall continue being just me. Thanks G!
Bunny girl I maybe QM but rarely a frustrated one!
Thank goodness the camera CAN lie!
Jazz
August 03, 2009 12:34 AM