I left the office fairly early on Friday afternoon to do a little shopping in Ginza. I could spend all day looking in the department stores along the chou dori. This time I was in the Matsuya department store getting a few things and it's amazing how one or two items can turn out to be closer to ten or eleven things. I also wanted to go to Printemps which doesn't close until nine and so I had plenty of time as I walked up to the Sukiyabashi intersection with my shopping.
I wonder if it's a natural curiosity about what lies in future days. A lot of fortune tellers set themselves up in the doorways of the closed shops and cafes with their mobile table and stools. It's nothing new and fortune telling has been around in many forms for centuries. Today we can open the weekly magazines and see that these are also full of fates fortune exposed but I always like to think that a personal touch is needed if I were to give any credibility to the art. It should not be something written in a magazine that applies to a certain percentage of its readership.
Yes you can call me gullible or susceptible because often I quite like to pay and play.
There was one man sitting and hoping for customers. He was across the street from me and I stood and looked in a shop widow. I could not help but look at him in the windows reflection. It seemed my eyes were drawn to him and I felt sure he looked at me and knew I was looking at him in the window.
Rather than feel awkward I turned and crossed the street towards him. He stood and bowed and I returned his greeting in kind. His card on the table introduced him with his name and his consultation fee.
I paid my fee and squatted in front of him. He took my hand and as he looked at my palms I felt a shiver run through me.
He said to know where you are going you must know from where you came.
He then told me several things from my past which are true, not general things but specific things. He knew one parent was missing, he knew my health problem and actually said where it was located and that I will have one more battle with it but the third and final one will be my last.
He then told me that my vocation is in the fashion world and that I am at present treading in unfamiliar ground and acting out the parts that I usually have mental considerations for. He then told me that I have been in the Kansai region many times and I always feel good there because it feels to me as my spiritual home. Then he said quite candidly and specifically that I have recently returned from Wakayama with a renewed strength.
For the near future my love life will experience its greatest trial and if we can survive it then we will be together forever. This brings me memories of New Years night at the temple and my new year prophesy and my greatest love deserting me. Then he looked into my eyes and said that within two years I will become a Mother. I am sure that he saw the look in my eyes as I looked into his with pure surprise. He also said a couple of other things that I won't care to write about here as they are either inconsequential or just across the line of privacy.
If something wonderful is predicted for tomorrow then we can happily hope for it but then when dark and ominous clouds are forecast then perhaps it gives us something to contemplate. As for love well I just hope that the last four and a half years have meant as much to her as they have for me.
The palm picture awaits a mind to endlessly rain on my parade.



Did he predict that Japan would lose to England 1-2 ? :)
Who scribbled on your hand ?
Unknown
June 02, 2010 9:43 AMwhen i look at sky i realise fortune tellers r quacks with artistic touch.reading between lines,i was taken aback FT cld tell specific aspects of ur life,strange(maybe i'll have to look at sky from different view);jazz,what is health problem??i wish all that he predicted in favour of ur life be blessed,all other predictions just be blown away.last line is beautiful"palm picture...
kamash
June 11, 2010 9:34 PM