Tonight we dine in hell!

Well not really!
At least I hope not!
It's merely a quote from the movie, 300, simply because now that I've moved all of my Jazz Journal posts across into this blog, this post becomes...
post 300.
I must admit that there were times last year that I never thought I'd see this moment for a multitude of reasons that are perhaps best left unexplored. My blogging rate also seems to have become somewhat reduced as the demands of life take their toll on my time.

I have enjoyed ten days away from the office and now the sun has set upon that vacation, the next sun rise sees me back in the office and life gives me once more my normal routines as i run around my labyrinth seeking my cheese. I had the chance to spend quality time with Hitomi and it's made all the difference to our lives in a refreshing kind of way. I think we become accustomed if not conditioned to our work routines and I'll be quite honest and say that as much as I love my work and I always try and give my best, it does seem to be one of the biggest factors of distancing family.
This free week has been strengthening my ties, not only with Hitomi but also my Father and my brothers and their families.

A short time in the floating world (浮世) feeding and being fed with the fruits of decadence. We part-take as gluttons and with a lavish greed we feed upon mouthfuls of licentious and vicious vulgarities until our hunger for debased degeneracy dissipates. The sorrowful world (憂き世) then reclaims our once soaring spirits with the gravity of chronic conventions and of its methodical mediocrity. Here I am cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate, falling back and forth between the virtuous and the villainous and vexingly violent. The voices in my head sing of blissful surrender to the inhabitants of dark nightmares and to those entities that live in the shadows at the corners of your eyes.

2 comments :: Tonight we dine in hell!

  1. Congratulations on 300 posts, Momo!

    BTW what's on the menu in Hell tonight?

  2. Thanks Cerebus,
    There are many things on the menu and probably most of it quite 'well done' however I'm opting for a nice piece of sole and the devils food-cake for dessert!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.