Ten

It hardly seems that a year and a month and a day has passed since I wrote my post '090909', but that's exactly how long it's been!
Welcome to 10:10 on the 10/10/10 then.
Don't you love those little magical numbers!

This last week has been a rather grueling one especially with not having my broadband at home.
I'd changed providers for various reasons, one was finance and another was to have a little more reliability hopefully and there was a little bit of a mix-up with the change date. This was very disappointing I must admit and it left me without my home phone and internet for three days and only that small amount of time since I had to phone from downstairs to see what was happening or they'd still have been waiting for Friday! The very nice man on the customer service took all the blame and promised me my first full month broadband subscription totally free as compensation. I was made very happy again.
There had been some anticipation on my part awaiting my new connection, with my eyes in a book and my fingers lightly drumming on the table top.
I sat and looked at the phone. It looked back at me quite dispassionately.
I don't recall having the feeling that it wanted to say anything to me at all. It remained silent and I continued to stare at it since the magazine had become a strain on my eyes!
I was hoping for my girl to call me but during that strained silence anyone at all could have called and I'd have been feeling good. The telephone wasn't ticking at all but I somehow felt that it wanted to evolve into a time-bomb with huge red L.E.D's across the front, running down on a perilous countdown. No-one of us can know when it will suddenly shatter the silence with a shrill or a more subtle ring tone if you've set it with one. And since no one of us can know when it will suddenly shout "Hey, answer me!" the prospect of the either/or possibilities opens up such a great possibility, so much so that it could easily inhabit Schrodinger's universe quite contentedly where it did ring and didn't ring and perhaps at the same time, who knows?
Perhaps the phone just resents its static little place in the corner and it would desire a much more active role. I'd certainly appreciate it as I continue to wait for her call.
I could in theory call anyone, anyone in the world! That line that runs from my phone into the wall and down through the wall and under the ground and connecting to more and more lines that are all finding their way into a central hub or switchboard, one hub of many that are in turn connected to other hubs like interlocking fingers encompassing the globe. I imagine a million firework displays of little packets of information running along all those lines.
But if there is no connection then it sits there dormant with perhaps one lazy eye watching me!
I could use my cell phone and call her but what if she won't answer?
What if I misdialed and even the distant stranger refused to answer. I'd be as alone as this unconnected telephone!
Don't be upset with me telephone san, it's not my fault, please don't be angry and please ask her to call me.
I picked it up and not even the comfort of dial-tone did I hear which would have been music to my ears!

I saw a girl on the train today whilst on my way home from work. A pretty girl with sad eyes and a Mona Lisa smile. She wore a tee-shirt that said "I'm in love with my shoes." Naturally I looked down at her shoes. They were old and battered flat, black, butter-skin leather shoes that had seen better days. I hope she loves her feet more!

I had some time, before I lost my old connection to go into Second life.com with Nancy, a sweet friend of mine who is coming to visit us soon. Second life is a virtual world where you make a character and meet other users in thousands of different places. The world is too big to see it all and if you tried, you'd never get to see the hidden places or use the activities or, and most importantly, interact with other people.
You are represented by the avatar, which you can dress up and get hundreds of different things for, from cars and helicopters, to homes and businesses. This is chat on a new level! Yes, this second life is a life away from Real life and it is definitely a lot of fun. If you haven't been in there then do try, I'm sure you are all going to love it.

Image below:
Jazz in Second life:
Image below
Jazz and Hitomi getting it on in Second life.

Oh yes, there is a lot of role play and everything you can imagine from sailing, flying, motor racing, skiing and ... oh yes, plenty of couples get it together and all of it animated in real time. Surely that may peak some of your interest!

I've been recovering from flu and even that role play got me all hot and sweaty and has helped me in my fight against flu and not getting any tender moments in real life dues to said flu.

3 comments :: Ten

  1. wah, u play second life.. lol
    nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

  2. Hi Jazz.
    As you know, I am also becoming obsessed with Second life.
    I just love that place and as a consequence of 'time', I find I no longer go, or even want to go into yahoo chat, which is where I'd spend a few hours talking with friends.
    I made a little on-line album with some snapshots from my first week in Second life. As you can see, I like meeting people, dancing and trying on lots of lovely clothes!
    I have includes an image of you being with me when I'm learning to pole vault LOL!
    You can see them here:
    http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/hm8r8ufnwmgydqq8lz4t9gef3ipgykkg

    Thanks for everything Jazz, see you soon.
    Kisses

  3. Thanks for dropping by Mr Lonely and for your kind comment.

    Thanks Nancy, you can pole vault or pole dance any time with me!
    I checked out your images and they are terrific, it does seem that you have a wonderful time there.
    Just try not to let it become too obsessive or you lose large parts of Real life!

    See you soon.
    Kisses

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.