Wake me up when September ends

Things are getting back to normal now after my brief appearance on local TV.
The office seems larger and more hectic now because as we suffered the effects of a reduced staff, a couple of replacements came in and everything was fine until there was another reshuffle and again we lost two more staff members. I'm not privy to all the information regarding the logic and reasoning behind the restructuring at work and even if I were I may not agree with it. The bottom line is of course profit margins and those upstairs make the decisions that they think will ensure the future profits of the company. I know that it's not my place to comment on such things and of course I am very happy and very grateful with all the opportunities that I've had from my company, but I'd just like to say out loud that for my own personal feeling and in listening to the whispers around the corridors, staff moral has dropped a level as we explore our new efficiency drive.

It was just four weeks ago that I was walking along the roads in a short skirt and light blouse, enjoying the summer sunshine. Now I walk along the same roads with a coat and an umbrella and my boots collecting leaves that have fallen from the trees.
As we seem to have quickly slipped from one season into the next, Hitomi and I have been artificially enjoying the fun of next season. Fun being Funabashi over in Chiba and the artificial snow they have there in the ski dome. It's been a while since I've been on the snow and as usual, Hiyomi and her sister Nanako are much better on the slopes than Aya and I. Despite the profusion of lattes and cappuccinos thawing us out from the inside, it was snow-cold fun!
It was fun until I fell over and really hurt myself.
Now I know what you're thinking.... you're thinking that as a complete an utter novice on skis that I was skiing down the slope and I lost my balance and after performing several rolls that would make a gymnast envious, I came to an inglorious halt and ended my run looking like a snowman or an untidy pile at the foot of the slope, right?
Well I may have done that once but that was not how I hurt myself!

As we left the building and headed into the car park, the strap on my holdall snapped and fell to the floor in front of me and I in turn tripped over it!
The girls helped me up and we got back to the car fine. We dropped Aya by her home and when Nanako dropped us, as soon as I got out of the car and stood, I almost fell again. I was a little worried and so she drove us over to the hospital where I had it checked out.
It's a silly little thing just falling over a bag but there I was sitting on an inspection table having a very nice Doctor look at my leg. I had an X-ray before she dug her fingers in and squeezed the muscle in places to feel it. I bit my lip and winced. The bruising was quite extensive.
The good news was that nothing was broken but apparently I have strained the ligaments and torn the muscle. I have to wear an elasticated bandage for just a couple of days when I walk on it but take it off as I rest it in an elevated position although it doesn't look so bad in the photo.

0 comments :: Wake me up when September ends

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.