Hiro and I drove over to see Rina and baby Yoshiro at her parent's house on Monday morning. It is hard to believe that he's a week old already. He's actually lost a few grams in weight but the midwife assures us all that this is perfectly normal and I assured Rina that this was also the case with my older brother's daughter, Kiyoshi.Hiro brought a breast pump because Rina is breastfeeding seven or eight times a day and has become quite sore.
This of course gave me the opportunity to feed him with some of her milk in his little bottle. It's quite cute really as he drinks with his little eyes closed and then he'll pause and open one eye to peek up at me. Satisfied, he'll close his little eye and resume suckling. I patted his back to take the air from his tummy and then I changed his diaper. Once he was ready we had a little cuddle and in his efforts to be a caring, sharing baby, he gave me a little of his milk back. How kind!
Of course I'm only wearing an old tee shirt, what do you expect, babies are beautiful but messy!
-^_^-
The Miyako Island Calendar for next year has been published and is available in Japan and it brought the cast and crew in the studios once more for a get together and a program.It's a shame that not everyone involved could make it last Friday evening and there were some noticeable absentees, T.W for example, who was working on her latest project was just one. This is one of the difficulties that we face when everyone runs with different itineraries and has different schedules.
With a lot of prescript answers to set questions, the evening went almost predictably well with just an occasional ad-lib that may or may not get edited out. The truth is partially hidden behind fictitious accounts of events during the shoot that are scripted in purely for entertainment reasons and everyone plays along because we are either sheep or actors or perhaps we want to work in the future. The secret cynic in me does the ham-actress routine with a mock shock expression. (Laughs) It isn't like some great truth has been concealed and so no one really cares, the show must go on.
I carry on regardless with an almost stoic and model behavior and the 'dog-like' cynical thoughts are held at bay. It took just over an hour to make a fifteen minutes segment but with free beer and food afterwards no one complains!
All you have to do is double click a word in my blog and you should get a window explaining what it is, unless of course you have a really strong pop-up blocker installed. I'd like to say that I do not advertise or allow any other kind of pop-ups on my blog and so feel free to 'allow pop-ups' for my site in your filter settings.


Oh, I believe Yoshiro wanted to say "Hey, Aunty Jazzy, try it, this is delicious!". What I like the most about newborn children are the smallest and the cutest palms. I hope he'll be growing up in a good health!
Please, take care of Rina too! Becoming a mother is wonderful, spiritual transformation but it is also a very exhausting full-time work. I'm always very impressed by mothers who can always find inner strength and time to organise a new life with a new member of the family. She deserves a lot of support now.
I'm glad that the show went smoothly. Oh, and I believe you had fun with preparations to that show - beer + a few co-workers = you already know what it means ;) It's nice to know that your job is not monotonous and you do various things, not only writing fashion articles for the magazine. I believe you've proved your boss that you're are the best worker in the correct place and you'll stay working for Kobunsha.
I like 'answer tips' and I use this gadget because it's much easier than coping the unknown word and pasting it into the online dictionary's search box. Thank you for this convenience!
I'm sending you a little sunny smile while it's been still raining here since Monday, I hope that weather in Japan is more cheerful!
Cherry
Anonymous
October 01, 2010 2:09 AMI don't think I'll try breast milk thank you. It was ok when I was his age and Hitomi isn't lactating!
The reason Rina came to stay with her parents is because she'll be well cared for there.
The TV show wasn't anything to do with the Konbunsha company. It was for the work that I did on the calendar shoot. I can thank Yoshie and dechau for such an opportunity.
Thanks for your smile, I return one!
Momo
October 01, 2010 3:03 AM