I have had a lot to think about over the last few days and have lived in relative solitude.
Is this so unlike me?
I've been worried about a few things, things I have no intention of discussing in my blog, at least not yet. I guess they could be given headings of relationship, health (emotional and physical), future and a whole host of other almost inconsequential, frivolous and petty things that concern me. My self imposed solitude allowed me a unique concentration upon my areas of concern. Granted I would not have the benefit of friendly advice but without distraction I had to settle these things in my own head and heart first.
I took a guest room in a very small and local hotel but still far enough out of the way of the usual hustle and bustle. I had a small TV, solely for the sounds of human voices should I require it but I took no cell phone or computer. Hitomi knew where I was staying and she had asked rather embarrassingly, if I would be alone the whole time. I said she had nothing to fear on that point and I promised her that I would be totally alone. I asked for no calls through to reception unless it was an utter emergency. She kept to her word and I was alone, enjoying the seclusion and I had time to try and create order from the chaos within my mind. I only left that little room of mine for my bathroom or for meals and one little trip to a beautiful laundrette.
On Tuesday lunchtime we had a little Earthquake about 500 miles south of us and that had a few tall buildings dancing there in Shinjuku but thankfully there were no reports of any damage or injuries.
Thursday morning saw me sitting on my bed writing the last of my little scribbles and I thought that I'd go home on Friday morning. I felt much better and of course Saturday is Hitomi's and my anniversary. Five beautiful years. I was also thinking to go out and grab some food when I heard a knock at my door.
I opened it and my dad stood there.
I opened it and bid him enter. he did so and looked around the room. Shamefully I had nothing to offer him and so invited him to come out for some lunch with me.
He waved my suggestion away, saying he was OK and sat. I sat.
There was a silence while he looked around and then he gave me this really huge smile and stood with his arms wide open.
I rushed in and hugged him
He asked if I was OK now and as I thought about the question and searched inside myself, I really thought that just being there in his arms kind of did make everything OK again. I had had the time and composed myself and Dad's company dismissed the uncertainty of whether I should go back today or tomorrow in one foul swoop.
He waited while I packed and then again while I checked out. He drove us from Shinjuku back home where Hitomi greeted me with open arms and searching eyes. There was no such things as her observing formalities and in my father's presence, she hugged and kissed me. Dad was busy inspecting the rearrangement of furniture, or pretending to!
He is staying in the guest apartment until Tuesday.
Friday morning and it's raining bad. Tomorrow, our anniversary and Hitomi has organized a small foursome.
We will share time with Mizuki, from work, who has been a constant friend throughout my time with 'JJ' and who has been asking after me this last week from Hitomi. Hitomi has also invited T.W, who has been working with Hitomi on a few promotions recently.
Back


Hope you and Hitomi have a great anniversary!
Best wishes,
Simon ( cerebus660 )
Simon B
December 03, 2010 9:00 AMThank you Simon, we had a lovely evening.
Momo
December 08, 2010 9:56 PM