Strands and shocks


















I was in front of my mirror combing my hair and deliberating whether to have it this way with a fringe or brushed back and expose my forehead. The fringe definitely makes me appear younger but brushed back gives my appearance the touch of elegance. Oh yes, I'm a completely different person in these two alternate styles. Yes, it's natural to think of things like this and I believe that you dear reader have stood in front of your mirror and wondered whether to brush it this way or that!
I dropped in to see Maestro, my regular hairdresser, because I wanted a little trim and for him to take care of my ends. He was happy to see me and we sat and had tea and talked for a little while to 'catch-up' because he hadn't seen me in such a long time. I asked him what he thought about me wearing a fringe or the brushed back look as I lifted and held back my hair. You know he said exactly the same as what I'd thought. I looked young when it was forward and then I had the elegant look when it was held back. As we talked about hair and the looks they can give certain individuals and we went from basic hair care to creative styling he laughingly joked on how wonderful for him it would be if the bottle of shampoo in his hand was from the 'Maestro magic range' rather than 'Vidal Sassoon' or in this case, the' gift of the ocean by Kracie'. How about being famous for a style like Sally Hershberger's 'Sally's shag', the famous cut she did for Meg Ryan I asked him.
"Maestro's Mohawk?" he suggested.
"Maestro's mop" I laughed, since that's how I used to think of my hair when I had it short in the bob!
I felt his fingers press just a little harder on my scalp as he massaged the conditioner in as a reaction to my last comment.
I casually mentioned that I may like to take up hair care and he at once recommended me a school of hair care.
I made a few inquires and suddenly I'm enrolled into a school for hair.
This is purely an interest and a hobby because I have no intention of becoming a hairdresser thank you very much!

Let me introduce to you Ayaka.
Ayaka is my 'dummy head' and after parting with a few yen (she actually comes as part of the school enrollment fee) she has agreed to let me practice on her.
She has real human hair and once I can do it with her, I may be let loose on a real human volunteer.
 *~^.^~*
I received a message from Hitomi asking if I'd like to volunteer for a shoot when I come visit her new studio next Saturday and if I would, I'd be with T.W. I returned her text saying that I wouldn't mind at all. The truth is that I still feel a little trepidation inside. I feel my soul shiver at the prospect of being close to her and in a way I feel awkward about it all knowing that our friends, like T.W, know of our parting and may be uncomfortable as a result.
I have to be strong! I am getting my life back together again and I want the world to see that.

3 comments :: Strands and shocks

  1. You look good with and without fringe.
    Pretty girls like you look always good, no matter what they wear and what kind of hairstyle they have.

    I like your new friend Ayaka - very useful!

    Momo, great to hear that you're getting better - I hope when you look in your mirror you can also see your own smile and hope for happiness in your eyes, not only fringe matters ;)

    I wish you girls, you and Hitomi, to begin and keep a strong friendship between each other. The relation between you and her might be awkward now and I'm sure you both feel kind of uncomfortable but this emotional state will change smoothly into something peaceful and familiar.

    Warm hugs.

    Ania

  2. Thank you very much for such sweet comments Ania
    I think I can employ you as my public relations officer.
    Hitomi is of course very special to me, she was the mainstay of my life.
    However I want you to imagine (I know its hard when you do not have the necessary experience) What if you and Marcin part (and I sincerely hope you never so) - how would you feel being his friend?
    Or is it better you have lives separate from each other?

    When Teru and I parted a few years ago we did not see each other again for a long time. I was already established with Hitomi when we did meet again.

  3. Shall I send you my resume? ;)

    I think when a couple split up, being friends is the best what can happen. If you Girls, didn't broke up over a serious fight, I think you can build a stron friendship between each other. If Hitomi is anything like you (I believe she is) I think you'll both manage. I admit it must be hard because your relationship have changed but you need some time to find a way to change your point of view. You can probably notice the progress after a few months since you became single but you and Hitomi are still in touch.

    "Or is it better you have lives separate from each other?"

    Tomomi, I think you've got the answer in your heart. Only you know how you really feel when you think of Hitomi as your friend - do you feel joy when you meet her? Or is it painful? You are a sensitive woman Momo and I feel that if you've been suffering you wouldn't be able to meet her now. My heart is telling me that you'll be fine!

    Time is the best medicine... I like the way you speak of Terutaka and I'm glad you became friends. I feel like being friends after love relationship needs brave and maturity. You have it all.

    Keep smiling.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.