Friday night had me doing my children's hair ready for Saturday morning at Hitomi's Photographic studios.
They were patient with me and sat quite still while I brushed, moussed, tied and pinned their hair. We sang songs together to pass the time. I say they even sing like angels...
On Saturday morning after breakfast we all drove up to the studios and met up with Miho, our resident photographer for the shoot. I put a little highlighting make up on the girls faces, which they loved because I don't normally allow them beauty cosmetics. The only cosmetics I allow them at such an early age are the health and cleansing products.
Talking with Miho I became aware of something else, the need to protect our children when they become publicly imaged and so from this post forward I am deliberately obscuring my children's faces. Looking through my blog logs, I am able to see who comes here, I can see what they look at, I see what links they click and importantly what they download. I know many people download photographs of me and I really don't mind that at all but I'm afraid that I do object to random people, strangers in fact, downloading images of my children.
I stood behind the photographer who was wonderful at directing my children and I must say I was impressed with her demeanor but when my children are puzzled they tend to frown, a habit no doubt they've picked up from their father. So I would adopt a pose and or a facial expression for them to imitate and I'd like to say that after the first four or five times I did that for them they didn't need me again. They enjoyed themselves and believed that they were angels and they made me feel so proud.
After the shoot and I have put six proud samples in my Flickr, they changed in the dressing room and we said goodbye to Hitomi because she had to work. We drove to Uncle Kenjiro's home where their cousin, Kiyoshi, was having a Christmas Eve party. I helped Sayumi prepare the food. I watched the children play together as I too munched on some of the food and I loved the way children just bond with acceptance so easily and readily. By the time Sayumi and I were taking through the first plates all the children knew each other's names and were playing together as if they'd all grown up together. Admittedly they were Kiyoshi's friend's from her school but my children had met their cousin only once before and they had never met any of her friends before, yet the others had been eager to know them and bring them into the group.
Why as adults do we find the same acceptance a slow and difficult procedure?
You can answer or research that one by yourself!
I left my girls there for a sleep over with their cousin and I went home to shower and change and I met Hitomi at the Mars for our Christmas Eve celebration night.
Kenjiro brought the girls and his family over for Christmas morning with us, Hiro and Rina and baby Yoshiro.
We telephoned Dad in Otaru, he was celebrating with my oldest brother, Tokutaro and his wife Shiori and we spent a great time with many of us talking. I hope next Christmas we can all be together, that would be a really beautiful moment for me and I hope for all of us.
The girls also telephoned their Christmas greeting to Tety's parents. I want them growing up knowing that both sides and even even distant family is important. Once their father is on the scene again I will allow him much more time with them than he allowed me. I want my children to grow up with the same values that I had as I grew.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time.
Let us keep the good spirit within us as we face the challenge of a New Year that is almost upon us.







0 comments :: Divinity defined
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.