Today, December 4, Hitomi and I celebrated six years together.
It's been a dream and it hasn't always been a straight path we followed. Mountains and rivers tried to bar our way but here we are safe and sound and together.
Admittedly I am usually the one to stay in bed on a Sunday morning but I got up and made some breakfast for us both and after eating we exchanged cards and a small gift and then we just laid on the bed with the newspapers. I know - what really exciting lives we lead! It's one of the drawbacks of being ordinary! With Dad still being here, we had an hour with him and Hiro and Rina and Yoshiro, who is over one year old now, in my brothers apartment sharing tea and sweet breads.
Hitomi had a call and then said that there was a problem at the
studio and she had to run off. I asked if I should come and she shook
her head saying it was nothing that she couldn't handle. About forty
minutes later and half way through playing with Yoshiro, I got a call
from her asking if I could come and help because it may take some time
and since it is our special day, it would be nice if we could at least
be together. I drove over there only to be greeted by Hitomi, Chizuru
and T.W. just inside the reception where Hitomi gave me flowers. I'm
fooled again!
We invited T.W and Chizuru over to share our joy. We drank to old
friends and to new friends and they in their turn toasted our happy six
years together and we drank more just for the pleasure of it.
Looking back at my old anniversary posts, this night over the last few years has always been a good one. Tonight was another wonderful night and another lovely marker as we measure the events in our lives but tonight I shared with them the facts that from this day forward this could be a really big changing point in our lives. The mood became sombre and serious and then I realized that this wasn't what effect I wanted from my words, I wanted feelings of hoping for the best, yes, but I wanted it in a bright and joyous way.
Sunday
was our six wonderful years and we celebrated this milestone with our
dearest friends with a look-back over our ups and downs and of course
our being thankful that we made it this far. It seems that there really
is an unbreakable bond between us. No matter what the world has done to
us, we remain together. No matter the errors of judgment either of us
have made, we are still together.
Tomorrow I believe that our continuing life together will start in earnest in a new and better way. Changes are coming, I feel it and suddenly as I write this I remember that soothsayer and what he told me! I am amazed, I really am! How could he have seen this?
Hitomi and I have just survived our biggest break up and the other things he told me are coming true too!
I have made sure that all my papers that I need to present to the courts are in order.
Dad and I will visit my lawyer in the morning and he will confirm our position and ensure our readiness for Tuesday, which is my moment of truth.
I believe in the future.
Looking back at my old anniversary posts, this night over the last few years has always been a good one. Tonight was another wonderful night and another lovely marker as we measure the events in our lives but tonight I shared with them the facts that from this day forward this could be a really big changing point in our lives. The mood became sombre and serious and then I realized that this wasn't what effect I wanted from my words, I wanted feelings of hoping for the best, yes, but I wanted it in a bright and joyous way.
After we had eaten and we had relaxed for a while together, we threw on some
loose clothes and played the dance karaoke software that T.W had given us last
week. We started well enough with the simple introduction but eventually
we just fell about laughing and started inventing our own choreography.
Tomorrow I believe that our continuing life together will start in earnest in a new and better way. Changes are coming, I feel it and suddenly as I write this I remember that soothsayer and what he told me! I am amazed, I really am! How could he have seen this?
Hitomi and I have just survived our biggest break up and the other things he told me are coming true too!
I have made sure that all my papers that I need to present to the courts are in order.
Dad and I will visit my lawyer in the morning and he will confirm our position and ensure our readiness for Tuesday, which is my moment of truth.
I believe in the future.



0 comments :: Dweller in my eyes (VI)
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.