Goodnight Moon

The moon hung large in the night sky and if that sounds like an introduction to a chapter in a novel, let it so be. On Saturday night we had laid on the bed talking but we had to get up and look at the so called super moon. Why people wanted to call it super moon I have no idea because it happens fairly often. It is a phenomenon, known as a perigee full moon, which means the Moon appears up to 14% bigger and 30% brighter than when it is furthest from our Earth. When the Moon is closest to the Earth and full or new, you get an increase in the tidal pull in the ocean because the gravity of the moon and the sun are in line. This does not mean, as the sensationalists amongst us would have us believe that we get disasters and werewolves and lunatics running wild! The Moon's distance from Earth varies because it follows an elliptical orbit instead of a circular one. So in the early hours of Sunday morning the moon was just 356,400km (221,457 miles) away, compared to its usual distance from Earth of 384,000km (238,606 miles).
We gazed up at a brilliant, bright and dramatic moon. We held each other's hand and together witnessed such beauty and we have to say that it is just an ordinary thing that we see. It is just nature and yet the poetic heart can and does see it as something so wonderful and so spectacular.


Shivaree - Goodnight Moon.mp3


I picked up a copy of the June edition of Betty Magazine, the magazine for hair and makeup. I went for a photo shoot with them last March and I find that there are three images of me on the hair technique introductions page but when I turn to the 'how to' pages I find they have used a younger model to show how we can create the style. Sigh!



0 comments :: Goodnight Moon

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.