I'd seen the video once before on TV and as I watched and listened it just seemed to get worse and worse. I expected my children, who were sat enjoying the music show and do have a certain 'taste' in music to select another channel in disgust. But no! They got up and started dancing and singing along and I just looked at them incredulously. I went off to the kitchen to find something noisy like the liquidizer to drown out the lyrics. 'This is the age where we want to be popular instead of searching for a boyfriend, careful, careful, careful" and while I hope my children take note of that particular lyric I just wish there was an easier and less dreadful sounding way of getting this message into their heads. How much fruit can I liquidize and how noisy can I be tenderizing the meat for the curry?
Back to Sunday morning and as I laid there in bed I looked at Hitomi sleeping soundly without a care in the world as she slept and snored softly. She was totally undisturbed by the children's radio. I really am staying with my initial assessment of her that she could sleep through anything - except an earthquake perhaps! I turned my head and looked at the clock and saw that it was just after nine thirty and I really wanted just a little more sleep. I really wanted to bang on the wall and to beg them not to play such sounds. Sounds that want to make me casually drop their radio into the bath-tub if not throw it aggressively at the wall!
"Summer summer summer summer, summer bikini" and "thump thump thump, my heart beats hard" started reverberating inside my head and I really wished they'd like to listen to something a little more soul easing like the sounds of pneumatic drills eating into the road and ambulance sirens wailing into lost serenity.
I got out of bed to use the bathroom and to my surprise, I discovered that a nice hot and sweet rose fragrance bubble bath all was ready and waiting for me and there were fresh towels on the rack. The Angels had run my bath.
"Congratulations on Mother's day" my Angels chimed together as they sneaked up behind me and surprised me as I was staring at the bubbles in my bath with a warm heart. They made me jump a little.
They brought in a beautifully decorated homemade hand crafted basket with lots of little goodies inside it., There were bath oils, a lipstick, mascara, some pretty hair ties and also a strikingly beautiful blue white bracelet and a really nice Minnie mouse cover for my iphone.
"I hope you didn't take money from your savings jars?" I said to them.
Riko shook her head in the negative and looked smug and quite pleased with herself. She is always my first visual cue if something amiss has occurred.
"Uncle Hiro gave us money for doing small jobs in the restaurant." Sumomo explained, to which Riko was nodding vigorously.
I gave my babies both a hug and thanked them very much for making my Mother's day quite special. They then said that I should bathe because they were going to jump on my bed and wake their other Mama with her Mother's day gifts.
Off they ran laughing and I felt just perfect. I wore a huge smile as I stood next to the open bathroom door and when I heard them jump on our bed and Hitomi wake with a start and threaten to tickle them, my smile turned into a laugh. Hitomi has a very nice earthquake to wake her!
I closed the door, undressed and sank into my bath.
I love Sunday mornings!
We simply enjoyed a lovely Sunday together, a happy Mother's day. I hope that any of you that celebrate Mother's day on this day had a wonderful Mothering Sunday and remembered the most important woman in your life.








Sounds like a beautiful day. But what is that above/on your head, Momo ?
P.H.Chan
May 21, 2012 6:26 AMHa ha QM, those are clothes hangers - behind my head
Momo
May 21, 2012 10:47 AM