Unus Novem Codice

Welcome to November, the eleventh month even though 'novem' means ninth.
This is because of the change in the calendar when they added January and February and so all the months moved up by two.
How many times I thought to myself, 'I must blog tonight' but I just never did. That's not strictly true. I made two or three starts but I have literally been too tired. I remember working 12 - 15 hour days at the office or out on assignments and it never seemed as exhausting as being a working housewife and a Mother. Nevertheless, I am content with how things have turned out.

There have been one or two remarks of late, especially in the Mars where we are well known and the whispers are that there seems to be some kind of role reversal between us. In as much as Hitomi now takes the lead from me and I've taken the 'back seat'. To be honest I hadn't ever realized that there was such a perception of us. As I fasten the chains around her neck I'd like to state for the record that Hitomi and I are fifty-fifty as we always have been. I've taken the lead in some situations but then so has she. Our individual strengths cover the weaker areas of the other. This is the beauty of team work or a partnership.
(After reading this Hitomi says I'm not being truthful and that when we were first together and after she'd moved in, I took the lead. It's only been this last year where she, as studio owner and technically main 'bread-winner', has naturally taken that place from me - I don't believe her and I think you should listen to me not her!)

On Halloween, Riko, Sumomo and I cuddled up on the couch and watched 'The Nightmare before Christmas' on TV. They love the movie and the songs and this has inspired them to want to learn English. We found the lyrics to 'Sally's song' from the movie and they have learned to sing it even if they don't know the meaning of the words. It's a little like parrot talk.
This bird speaks but knows not what it says! Listening to English songs in the home again reminds me of how my brother Hiro and I started our English with Bowie lyrics. In the corner of the morning in the past it sounds like the width of a circle beginning again.

Chizuru came over to the studios for an all-day session. We have not seen her since we were all together in Kobe early last summer. She has been pretty successful since then with a diary full of engagements so it was really nice to hear about her work filled days as I did her make-up and Hitomi sat in the corner with coffee and an inspection of her new filters. The styles of make-up, the hair and the different clothes can really change appearances as a few samples of her good work demonstrated here.

0 comments :: Unus Novem Codice

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.