We walked around the corner to the railway station and hailed a taxicab. When we got home, Rina, my sister-in-law, who was minding the angels and Hitomi both had a good look in my eye but other than being bloodshot, said nothing was in there.
When we woke on Sunday morning my eye was puffed up badly and so we went to the Doctors. He had a good look and said it was impact trauma that had caused the swelling of the tissues. He gave me some eye-drops and covered my eye with a dressing. Needless to say I didn't feel like going out to watch the sky fall and I knew they would not let me in for half price since I'd be viewing the movie with only one eye! My angels who are forever my complimentative children called me a pirate!
I think if they spoke English I'd get an "Aye" and not an "Aye Aye Captain!"
By Tuesday, which was our seventh year anniversary, my eye was totally clear and looked like normal again. It felt amazingly good too so I was very happy. We had a little cake with seven candles and saved some for the angels when they returned home from school.
On Tuesday night Hitomi and I went out for dinner and to watch the new Daniel Craig movie Skyfall.
We loved it! Just like the first Daniels '007 movie' Casino Royal, it was realism with just a touch of the 'Bond stunts' that everyone expects in these movies. It was also quite gritty true to life flavored issues. The plot being a sensitive hard drive being stolen and 'age' being brought into play for both Bond and his boss 'M', who had to leave us at the movies end. The new Quartermaster and the 'bond-girl' who turned out to be 'Miss Moneypenny' were pretty young which of course introduced the generation gap elements in shared dialogs. For those lucky enough to have seen the very early Bonds played by the very sexy Sean Connery, we saw the return of that old classic car that he used to drive in this movie as he drove his boss safely out of London to his childhood home where they were going to make a stand against the villain of the piece who had threatened and indeed tried to murder her. I think it was quite touching to actually uncover some of Mr Bond's childhood origins which allowed us to explore this recurring character. It at once helps us to become familiar with him.
I've put some samples of her work on my page. Please look for the 'Greengage Plum Album'.
On Wednesday I mentioned to the angels over Spaghetti Bolognaise that it was a year ago today since they came back to live with Mama.
They smiled and said it felt as if they'd always been with their two Mamas' and they were home.
I understand that they don't associate the relevance of this date like they would to a birthday or a festival but it made me happy just that they felt at home. It is perhaps nothing much and just indeed a small thing but it meant a lot to Hitomi me.
The sad news is that Yahoo chat comes to an end on December 14. I had a lot of fun there years ago and met some weird and wonderful characters. I suppose in truth this finally ends 'Jazz' because that name was devised simply as a chat-room identity. I had several names in the chat-room over the years but I was universally known as Jazz. I feel a little sentimental about its demise but I have not been in chat for a couple of years now and so I won't feel the loss as much as present users would.


Glad to see your eye is better.
I enjoyed the Bond movie too, they released here a few weeks back.
I am going to miss chat too but I really play in second-life.com now so I won't miss it too much.
Happy Annivesary Momo and Hitomi.
Anonymous
December 09, 2012 5:40 AMThank you Nancy. My eye is normal now (a week later) and I only made the angels 'walk the plank' twice!
We lose a chapter of our histories with chat going. It's another blow to global community looking at what it was in its best light.
Please enjoy first life Nancy more than you do second life. Thank you for the comment.
Hugs
Momo
December 12, 2012 9:38 AM