12.12.12

This is the last repetition date we'll see in our lifetimes unless you'll be around in 89 years' time for 01.01.2101.
It's going to be one of those days that cultists will mark as some special day with prophecies of doom, gloom, raptures and galactic alignments. Of course the Earth continues to turn and on the dawn of the 13th it will all be forgotten just like all of the hundreds of other 'special days' that preceded it and eagerly they'll scan their calendars looking for the next 'special date'!
Some will marry on this day or do something that puts the marker in their own book of days to mark it in a personal significant way.

I only really mentioned these in my blog three years ago and missed due to lack of interest or too busy getting on with life to have noticed those earlier dates.

090909 was a good day that found me at my office back in the days when I was a working girl with a real job and not a pretend one like now. I met Kyomi my adopted sister who was visiting us from Otaru and we watched soccer on a bar TV over drinks and a catching-up chat.

101010 Was a day I was separated from Hitomi and I was so desperate to talk to her and I waited long for her phone call. I also went to explore a game on the net that my friend Nancy had found called second life.com  and later the plum and the peach had a fruity time!

111111 Was perhaps the best of all these repetition dates - It was Hitomi's and our friend, Nancy's Birthday. I spent the morning in hospital having tests and then Hitomi and I had a romantic dinner together in the evening.

Today 12.12.12 Hitomi will be at work and I'll go shopping after the angels have gone to school. On Wednesdays we usually try a foreign recipe for dinner and today I'll be gathering my ingredients for Russian Stroganoff served on a bed of white rice seasoned with parsley and butter. And for those who really want to know - yes, I will be cheating and get some ready-made sauce from S&B. The important thing for me is having happy faces from my family as we sit and eat. Terutaka often comes over to eat with us and he is a continuing help with the angels and their homework. 
I wish you all a very good day and please do enjoy it - you've only got nine days until the next special day which of course is the Mayan world's end prediction which falls upon us on the twenty-first (laughs)!
I have to ask you who believed it and are you still getting ready for Christmas?

2 comments :: 12.12.12

  1. I'll get ready for Christmas if I wake up alive on the 22nd. :)

  2. End of the world cancelled - yet again!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.