
| There was a girl A very strange enchanted girl They say she wandered very far, very far Over land and sea A little shy and sad of eye But very wise was she And then one day A magic day she passed my way And while we spoke of many things Fools and kings This she said to me... "the greatest thing you’ll ever learn Is just to love and be loved in return" |
It is my sincerest hope that Yoshi and Fuyuko enjoyed themselves at the TGC and I hope to hear all about it soon.
Hitomi and I drove off and spent the night on the twelfth floor in the Universal Port, a lovely hotel overlooking the Yodo river and just five minutes from the studios where Hitomi will audition. We ate tokatsu together in the hotel dinning room and hardly spoke above barely audible whispers. A tokatsu, if you didn't know, is pieces of pork in a breadcrumb and served with salads, it is very similar to the Austrian dish of Wiener Schnitzel. In most restaurants you visit, even our own, there is always the hum of dinner conversation, a buzz of background chatter but here is was very quiet, the loudest thing being the bubbles breaking the surface of the water in the aquariums.
Later, back in our room I had the most difficult time getting a connection link for my laptop and called downstairs to the desk to find if there was a computer café that I could use. The man on the desk asked what my problem was and I told him I seemed to be getting a bad Wi-Fi connection, I keep losing it. A very kind gentleman brought up a router and plugged it into the Ethernet socket and I was back on-line with a nice stable connection. So while she reads I can chat to my sister and go and cause mischief in chat-rooms on the net.
Early on Saturday morning she was up and singing in the shower with the purest of penetrating vocals while I was trying unsuccessfully to open my eyes and thinking of how much I really wanted to stay in this warm, soft and comfortable bed. It's been a long week with many appointments and a lot of traveling, I deserve my rest! Oh let me hide my head under the pillow.
But a wonderful breakfast of bread, sausage, egg and yogurt came and I suddenly felt much better and after I showered and dressed, I walked with her to the studios. There were quite a few people there and a couple that knew Hitomi from other venues and events. I believe that it always lessens the nerves when there is something or someone familiar. Not that she minds, she tells me she just warms up if its a dance routine or other visual aspect that she goes for but on the plays you have to have monologues and go out there and imagine yourself in a show and project yourself and then do the cold reading. That is where you read aloud a characters part from the script of the play to be. Of course if the play is based on a book or previous play you get it from the library and read it cover to cover, grab your partner after dinner (that'll be me) and role play some of the scenes.
Despite my vast array of talents, and yes I do have some talents, acting is not one of them I am sad to say. I remember in a play at school I was given a non speaking part and I was hardly distinguishable from the background scenery as my lack of talent was noticed and I was cast accordingly but I still managed to mess it up by tripping over a small stool and dragged two of my comrades to the floor.
While she was auditioning, I spent my day not in the malls or museums or looking around, but back in the hotel bashing my keyboard in an attempt to create another award winning article based on the Afrirampo banshee fashion styles.
She arrived back at the hotel at six thirty worn out but excited and confident. The call back is within two weeks time so if nothing by the 20th, shes free to try for other parts.

And now a Jazzy Quiz for you:
The answers are written under the questions but in white, so you'll have to use your mouse to highlight them or you can press your Ctrl key and "a" to highlight the whole page.
Who did I give my TGC tickets to?
A) Yoshi and Fuyuko
B) Ben and Jerry
C) Tom and Jerry
the correct answer is A)
In the survey, what do girls have to drink to lessen uterine cancer chances?
A) Water
B) Coffee
C) Yak Sweat
the correct answer is B)
After our recent difficulties, what present did Hitomi give me when we made up?
A) Flowers
B) Belgian Chocolates
C) Licked syrup from my naked body
the correct answer is all of the above
How long is it since I was close to my ex?
A) Six years
B) Not long enough
C) Who gives a damn?
the correct answer is C)
I come back from Osaka with?
A) A half finished article
B) Confidence about our future together
C) Rope burns.
the correct answer is B) but I wish it was C)
Who does Madonna plan to kiss next?
A) Anyone who can further her career
B) Me
C) "I kissed a girl" singer, Kate Perry.
The answer is C)

I am considering changing the way I present my blogs. Perhaps I will alienate myself a little more from them and concentrate more on what I'm thinking. As if i was having a conversation with myself, rather than write my diaries.
That's open to comment, go on, influence me!
The pen is mightier than the sword
I’ve never been to a quiet restaurant before. All the restaurants I’ve been to including my own are noisy to a certain extent. I can’t imagine myself sitting in a restaurant where everyone is whispering or simply not talking! In our place, we even have a small music system in place to break the silence. But sometimes, too much noise can also become really annoying so we have two special sound proof rooms for the noisemakers (mostly Chinese!) where they can make as much noise as they want. I think the Japanese are more civilized and polite than the Chinese (correct me if I’m wrong)
Despite being a regular reader, I only managed to answer 3 of your questions correctly! You know, back in the days when I was in school, the multiple choice exams always gave me a hard time. It is weird because when it comes to theoretical questions which require us to answer with detailed explanations and facts, I pass with flying colors! But one thing is for sure, if back in the days we only got 3 options to choose from instead of 4 and that some of the questions require us to select all the given options, then I would have flopped my exams even worse!
I don’t mind you changing the style of how you present your blog. Writing your thoughts would offer us more of yourself; it would make us to know you better as a person. But I have to admit, as a friend and someone who care about you, I also love reading your adventures and knowing your whereabouts. Whichever changes you make, it won’t really make any difference because it will still be jazz’s blog!
Take care,
Tigger.
Anonymous
September 08, 2008 1:14 AMHi, I've been visiting your blog quite frequently. Really enjoy reading it,just simply irresisible :). Synchronicity can be a good idea of changes but I liked reading your jazz-journals most. Keep up your diligence...your friends or stranger like me still love reading your thoughts and tales!!!
Thanks from Canada :)
Anonymous
September 08, 2008 7:12 AMTigger, it what the strangest dinning experience I've ever had. I have never known any eating establishment to be so quiet, that is why I remarked upon it.
I will not generalize about politeness or eating habits of a race, how can that be answered with reasonable accuracy. Even the statistics would be suspect dependent upon source.
"It will still be jazz's blog" - Thank you, I like that remark very much. A wonderful way to see it.
Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello to Canada, I am happy you like my musings and thank you for taking a moment to say hello.
Jazz
September 08, 2008 9:47 AM