Bread and circuses

We're back!
Back in the Mars that is.
Saturday night saw us getting back to a welcomed and normal routine as Hitomi and I walked arm in arm into the Mars, our one week suspension served. We had to unlink to go down the stairs but you know that symbolically I mean we that we were united. Ma said that she missed us last week! She has a wicked sense of humor I think but after we got our drinks she asked us please to have fun but no unladylike behavior. I apologized once again and told her that we won't let her or ourselves down again. She smiled and that at least made me feel a lot better.
Sitting at our table we became the current sensation as the regulars gathered to ask us what happened exactly and have we seen her since. Oh the chance for embellishments and to see Hitomi acting out her vicious swipes in the retelling! Our story becomes one of those short lived legends that will last until everyone has heard it at least five times and each time with a new twist and then everyone gets sick of hearing it. The latest rumor making its way to our table is that this black eyed Miyako is now seeing our dear old friend Kuri. Somehow I doubt it but in circles such as ours where the sun and the rain make very pretty rainbows, we never can tell!
In other and sad news, Hitomi and I are now officially the longest paired couple in the Mars at four years, eight and a half months. This is because the previous pair to hold that record in the Mars, were looking forward to seven years together in January, have officially split up!
Hitomi and I felt quite sad about it really and when we heard the disconsolate news. The talk at the table became the unending question of why don't lesbian relationships seem to last? There is often so much drama (or is it over emphasized) and so much sleeping with ex's and chasing other girls it seems but then again for a lot of the scene lesbians, that is exactly what they want.
Some couples are not just seeking the fresh flesh or the exciting new gratification, some actually do simply want to love and be loved in return. When I look back at Hitomi and I and our being together for so long and compared to some that I know directly or indirectly, we have not been together that long, I can honestly say it is because we love each other and I mean really love each other is a deep and meaningful way. We work well together mostly as any good couple would and the physical side of our relationship is very satisfying and fulfilling. We are not suffocating each other by being obsessively in love and spending every moment that we can together. She has a circle of friends outside of our joint circle and so do I.
We also have interests away from the other, which you can imagine as giving us a breathing space.
Like any other couple, gay or otherwise, we have argued over small things and big things alike and she has even walked out two or three times. Even in such circumstances and in the seemingly heartbroken sadness, we know just who is important in our hearts and she comes back one way or another, even if it's usually me dragging her stubborn ass back!

I phoned Yoshi on Monday morning regarding a personal matter and I still wasn't too happy with the outcome after she passed me to the relevant department. She did mention that someone was trying to get my phone number. I asked who and she said that when I was at Nanako's party at the end of June, I apparently left something behind and one of the girls was trying to contact me. Obviously Yoshi wouldn't give them my number but she said that the girl had passed on her number and I could call her.
I don't recall missing anything when I came home and unpacked but I took the number.
On Tuesday I called the number and found out that it belongs to Asami.
Asami, as I recall, was a very beautiful girl with an extremely friendly disposition and let's just say that she made my temperature rise when my own relationship was decidedly ice cool.
What did I leave behind?
I think it was unfinished business and we were flirting over the phone like the club scene girls in my opening paragraph.
What am I doing?
I had to tell her that when we were together back in June, I was going through a low time in my love life and if my actions at Nanako's house led her to believe that I was interested in her then she should please excuse my inappropriate behavior as the actions of a lost and lonely gurl!
She didn't believe me and of course she was partly right not to do so. I'm only human and it's pretty obvious that I felt such a strong desire for her and even more so once she made it clear that she was interested in me in that way. It was at a moment when I was at my most vulnerable.
I would love to be with her and in my fantasies there are many others that I would love to be with but the reality is very different. There are none that I would exchange for my Hitomi. While the idea of being close to so many, so beautiful and desirable girl's sounds appealing in its shallowest of forms, the reality is rather different. Why would I risk losing a potential life partner for an hours worth of pleasure with a realized fantasy?
Self imposed cages they could be but a necessary restraint of sorts.

3 comments :: Bread and circuses

  1. Oh no Momo and Hitomi are back at Mars to cause more chaos! haha

    I wish I had one single hangout place like you guys. A place that I go every weekend and a place where I can get special treatment!

    I believe you two will become the oldest couple at Mars for a long time to come :-P

  2. Yes, it would be interesting to see Momo and Hitomi walking slowly into the Mars with walking sticks and grey hair.

  3. Tiger you just find a watering-hole that you like and keep going. Take a friend with you and start to go there as a habit. Very soon you are both regulars. Acknowledge other faces that you have seen before and they'll do the same. Everyone likes a greeting however slight, it means recognition.

    It would be nice, Tiger and QM, to have that honor of being together when we wear gray hair for several reasons, only one of which meaning that our love survived the years.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.